Chapter 14

(There is an author's note at the end of the chapter that I would REALLY like you guys to read)

Also, if a sentence is written in italics that means it is what the character is thinking in their head.
------------------------------------------------------

Skye's POV:

THANK GOD I FOUND WARD!!!!! I thought I was going to wet my pants!

He grabs my hand and leads me down the hall. Everything here looks so expensive. The walls are an almost golden color with fancy patterns. The carpet looks to nice to even step on.

I don't think I could afford anything here.

Ward turns another corner, then stops.

"Here we are! One bathroom for the nice lady!" He says in a fake British accent.

I laugh, still trying to hold in my pee.

"Why thank you, sir." I say, mimicking his accent.

He lets go of my hand and I almost sprint into the bathroom.

Ward's POV:

"Here we are! One bathroom for the nice lady!" I say, trying to sound British.

What the heck, Ward! What was that?!

"Why thank you, sir!" She says, in a much better British accent than me.

I let go of her hand and she sprints into the bathroom.

I would NEVER say this out loud, but I think it was adorable that she decided to find me to lead her to the bathroom. Plus, she looked adorable in such a hasty state.

"Hey, Ward." Someone says behind me.

I turn around to find Kara, wearing a sparkly silver crop top and a VERY short jean skirt.

Great. Just great.

"Oh, hey, Kara...." I say, not even trying to sound excited.

Honestly, I would rather talk to a metal pole, right now.

"Oh, Grant! Were you waiting by the bathroom in the hopes that I would walk by?" She asks, thinking she already knows the answer.

I involuntarily scoff.

That is the worst hypothesis I have ever heard in my entire life. However, I refrain from being rude.

"Not exactly, I was just waiting for my friend to come out." I reply.

She takes a step closer to me and bats her eyelashes.

I need to get out of here!

"Aye, mate!" Hunter cries out from the other end of the hallway.

Kara grunts. Clearly she is irritated.

"I will talk to you later, Ward." She says in a flirty tone.

She winks at me and walks away.

Hunter, you are a life saver!

He walks up to me and pats me on the shoulder. He is one of the people who knows how much Kara irritates me.

"Was she bothering you again?" He asks, already knowing the answer.

"Yeah. I really don't like her. Thanks for saving me." I say with a laugh.

"No problem, mate." He replies.

Just as he says that, Skye comes out of the bathroom.

"Sorry that took so long! The toilet seat was up and I almost fell in!" Skye says, chuckling.

Both Hunter and I burst out laughing, Skye joining us soon after.

"I'm going to guess you don't have any brothers." I say, once I calm down.

Skye chuckles and says, "Nope. Do either of you have any?"

"I do, but Hunter," I place my have on his shoulder, "does not."

"Cool. I wish I had one." Skye says, fake pouting.

Hunter laughs and says, "Aww! Don't be sad! I'm sure Ward would love to lend you his brother!"

Our laughter is interrupted when Hunter's phone goes off.

"Oh, crap! I'm sorry, but I've got to take this!" He says, fast walking away.

I look at Skye for a moment, debating what I should say next.

Suddenly, I get an idea.

"You know what?" I ask.

Sky looks at me with a confused face.

"What?" She asks.

I just realized that I know almost nothing about you, and you know almost nothing about me." I state, matter-a-factly.

"And?" Sky questions, with a smile.

"And I think we should change that. Would you like to accompany me to the bar where we can chat?" I say, reusing my fake British accent.

"Yes. I would like that very much." Skye says with a giggle.

I break into a smile and grab her hand.

------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note
(PLEASE READ) ⬇️⬇️⬇️

I would like to start by apologizing! I have not updated in FOREVER and I am REALLY SORRY! I have been very busy with school lately and I have little to no time to update. I am very sorry!
Secondly, I need your opinion. Should I keep writing this story or should I start another Skyeward story? Please leave your vote in the comments and I will see what most of you want. If most people want me to start writing another Skyeward story, I will post your options and you can choose!

Thank you!

Comment what you think! 😄