Chapter 6

Ward's POV:

For the first time since elementary school, I am early. Class doesn't start for another 30 minutes, but I really want to talk to Skye. She still hasn't noticed me. But, I plan on changing that today.

I am now at my locker putting my books away.

Suddenly, my locker is slammed shut. I turn to see who it is.

It is Kara. She is staring at me, biting her lip, trying to look at me, seductively. She is wearing a very short skirt and a very revealing shirt.

I know she has had a crush on me for a very long time, but I don't like her back.

"Hey, Grant." She says, quietly.

"Hey, Kara. I told you to call me Ward." I reply.

I only allow people who are very close to me call me Grant. She is not one of them.

"I think we are close enough for me to call you that, now. Don't you?" She asks, trying to come closer to me.

I back away.

"Ummm...... I am supposed to meet up with a teacher, right now. I talk to you later."

She is about to say something, but I quickly walk away. The only person I want to talk to is Skye.

I walk around the school until I see Skye. She is talking to Bobbi Morse. Bobbi is one of the very few girls who has never liked me.

They wave good bye, and Bobbi walks away, leaving Skye alone at her locker. This is my chance.

I slowly approach her, and tap on her shoulder.

"Yeah. Yeah. Just give me one second, Simmons! I'm comi-" she stops talking when she turns around.

"Oh..... Sorry. I thought you were someone else. What can I help you with." She asks, politely.

"Ummm...... I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ward." I say, while holding out my hand.

"That's very nice of you! I'm Skye." Age says, taking my have and shaking it.

Her hands are so soft and gentle.

Suddenly, Simmons burst through the hallway and grabs Skye's hand.

"SKYE! We are going to be late!" She screams.

"Simmons! Class doesn't start for another 10 minutes!" Skye laughs.

"I know! I meant we are going to be late for being early! Let's go!" Simmons says with a laugh.

As Simmons pulls Skye away, Skye turns to me.

"Bye, Ward!" She yells.

I wave goodbye as she slowly disappears into the crowd.

I don't care what anybody else says. Skye is mine.

---------------------------------------------

Hello people!

Sorry I didn't update yesterday! I was really busy!

Comment what you think! 😄