Chapter 8

Ward's POV:

Everyone is now done choosing their partners.

I am so happy that I got Skye.

I look over at Kara. She got Wendell as her partner. Wendell is a quiet brainiac.

Not exactly Kara's type.

"Alright. Now that you have chosen your partners, please go to the sparing mats and spar." Ms. Carter orders.

Skye and I walk to the sparing mat in the corner if the gym.

"Okay. It is obvious that you are good at this kind of stuff, and it is obvious that I am not. So, please go easy on me." Skye says, nervously.

I laugh and she glares at me.

"What makes you think that I'm good at this kind of stuff?" I ask with a smile.

"Well........ You're obviously physically fit." She says, awkwardly pointing at my tight shirt.

I step closer to her and she blushes.

"And why is it obvious that you aren't good at it?" I question.

"I-I-I'm small. And not very strong." She says with a shaky voice.

I immediately grab her forearm, and flip her onto the mat.

She is now laying on her back in shock.

"Rule number one, Rookie. Never let you opponent distract you." I whisper, just loud enough for her to hear.

"This is gonna be fun." She groans, sarcastically.

---------------------------------------------

Hello people!

I am sorry that this chapter is so short. I will make a larger one tomorrow.

Comment what you think! 😄