Identify Love

{Omniscient}
Excuses mistakes.
Dawna in MM

"Talk to her." Dawna told August.

"Why mama?"

"August you're more experienced in this. I been through a lot and seen some shit but this ain't one. Besides I can only do so much." Dawna protested.

August sighed in frustration. He didn't even know the girl but Dawna continued pushing him on her. He knew exactly what she was doing and he wasn't following.

"She needs more than just us. She needs professional help." August said, keeping his voice down so Elizabeth didn't hear. "I hardly kno' ha' mama. Like I said I'm only here fa' ya birthday das' all."

"Make this one of my birthday presents okay? I can't have a happy birthday if Elizabeth is depressed, she's like a daughter to me August." Dawna stated.

August looked at her with an unreadable expression. Dawna sighed and rolled her eyes. "For me August? Please." She begged.

August exhaled deeply. "Aight. Aight. I'll do it."

Dawna squealed in excitement. "August." She dragged out his name. "Thank you, thank you, thank you." She kissed all over his face.

"Okay, okay mama." August smiled as Dawna kissed his cheek one last time and walked off as soon as she turned the cover his smile dropped. "Wow." He mumbled.

___

{Elizabeth}

I sat on the edge of the tub, biting down on my vanilla flavored lips, staring at the blade resting on the sink. Should I? I battled with myself with the disadvantages and advantages of me harming myself. Again.

No one has to deal with my shit. No one can hurt me. I'll be stress, frustrated and anger free. I won't cry at night. I won't feel this unbearable feeling I am now and most importantly I'll be with my mom. I smiled, then frown. No I'll be in hell. I shook my head.

"If that's possible I'm already in hell." I grumbled. I stood up, opening the mirror, gently placing the blade in there quickly shutting it.

I looked down at my arms. On the my right arm I had a tattoo of three roses, connected. I traced the outline of the them where my mom name in cursive curved around them. I got them when I was seventeen. Got roses to represent beauty, my mom's beauty to be exact.

"Elizabeth." August called from my room.

I quickly walked out the bathroom and stood outside the door. "Y-yes." I looked down.

The floors softly squeaked as he walked closer. He placed his finger under my chin and lifted my head. I closed my eyse and stiffened from his touch.

"Loosened up." He mumbled. "I'm not like them others sick ass niggas. And stop putting ya head down, ya future ain't down dar'. I just wanna talk ta' ya."

Elizabeth nodded and followed him to the bed and sat down, listening.

August sat down and looked me, he seem to be studying my face and furrowed his eyebrows. "You da' waitress from Mini Macs." He said.

Elizabeth eyes widened. He was the man praying.

"I guess I do know ya from somewhere." He chuckled. I just watched him. He had the most beautiful smile.

He looked at me one more time and place his elbows on his legs. "Listen, I don't know ya like that and I know you probably don't feel comfortable talking or hearing me talk about this but ya' need it ma." He paused. "I've been where you at, feeling unimportant. I understand ma trust me. When I was seventeen my brotha' was killed." August cleared his throat.

"And uh, it went down hill from there, I got on the streets heavy, burnt bridge with my ma' which don't want nothin' ta' do with me by the way and I even tried suicide. My trust and luh fo' people became very thin. I couldn't even trust niggas I've grew up with ya feel me and I stop fucking with people in general. I constantly felt God wasn't on my side cause I couldn't understand why he would put me through sooo much." August voiced cracked.

I slowly scooted toward him. He noticed my actions and quickly straighten up. "I'm just letting ya know, ya' not the only one love and....if ya' need someone ta' talk to....I'm here." He hesitated.

My lips slowly form a smile. I completely understood his feelings and happy he shared such a thing. My next statement shocked him.

"I'm here too." I murmured.

He smirked and stood up. "I'll be sure to take you up on your offer ma." August winked and walked out.

Excuse mistakes.

Vote & comment.