Stepping Stone/Filler Chapter

{Elizabeth}
Excuse mistakes.

I pushed up closer to August as he walked through the mall looking at different stores. We were shopping for Dawna's birthday, well most likely him because I had no money.

"Why you so nervous love?" August chuckled, looking down at me.

I smirked. "I'm not used to being in public unless I'm at work."

"Word? You should go out mo'."

"I beg a differ. Everything doesn't end so good for me." I mumbled quietly, looking down.

I knew August heard me, but he stay quiet. He pulled me into a much needed hug. "Remember ya gotta try ta' change fa' da' better." He mumbled in my ear.

I blushed and smiled. "Stop." I gently pushed him, walking faster.

He smiled and followed me, hot on my tail. "What am I doing?" He asked

Being too cute.

"Awe shit, ya actually is fucking wit a nigga." August laughed. Staying in place and covering my mouth in embarrassment, hoping that, that didn't just happen. I cannot like him, not now.

{Omniscient}

"Its okay ma." August removed Elizabeth hand from her mouth. "Ya cute too-" He scoffed. "-when ya wanna be cause sometimes ya." He put his index finger to his head and swirled it around, motioning she was crazy.

Elizabeth smacked his chest and gasped. "Hush." She frowned, then she realized the moments August did see her at wasn't pretty, even her first impression was wrong.

August continued laughing and snickering, unaware what he said made Elizabeth feel a certain way until she said.

"I know I'm crazy, but you have no room to judge." She angrily protested, shutting August up.

His face soften. "I'm sahrry ma. I didn't mean i-"

"Can we continue shopping." Elizabeth mumbled, walking with August behind her.

"Elizabeth." He called, but she ignored.

She walked into a random store named Chico's and looked around. She looked at the different jewelry and clothing to see what Dawna might like.

"Yanno I didn't mean it right?" August pretended to look at the same stuff Elizabeth was, to be closer to her.

"Yanno I'm getting irritated right?" She mumbled with an eye roll.

He shook his head and just watched her. She picked a few stud earrings and examining them before she looked at August. "You think she'll like these?"

"Yeah, she luh studs." August gaze stayed on Elizabeth as she picked up a few more.

August was really starting to feel Elizabeth but he knew she wasn't ready for a relationship and really he wasn't even ready neither but it was something dangerous about her that grabbed all his attention.

"Can you buy these?" She bit the inside of her lip.

"Yeah." He took the earrings from her and walked to the check-out line.