Happy Birthday

'Nigga we made it' *Drake voice*.
I officially have what? +1K views!!!
Oh my goodddd *Summerella voice* y'all are so x100 important to me man. *sniffles* don't make me cry... lol I love all of you sooooooooooo, so, sooooo, sooo, soooooooooooo *deep breath* muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
❤❤❤

P.S. I love y'all!!!

P.S.S. Did I mention how much I love y'all?

P.S.S.S. Love y'alllllll!

×

{Elizabeth}
Excuse mistakes.

I deeply exhaled, looking around at the mess I made in the kitchen. I turned around continuing cutting strawberries for the fruit salad I was making for Dawna. Today was her 40th birthday and I was surprising her with a birthday breakfast.

"Awe ya cooking fo' me?" August strolled into the kitchen, rubbing his eyes.

I looked him and scoffed. "No its for Dawna. Now move before contaminate the food." I waved him off.

It was nice being cool with August. I was somewhat comfortable around him, I'm still working on it. But other than that, I guess you could say I'm happy.

He kissed his teeth. "Mean while ya bottom lip look like it stank."

I frowned, touching my lip as he laughed. "I'm just fucking wit'cha." Leaning on the counter looking at me, as usually.

"Can I at least have something?" He asked referring to the food.

"Yes-" I pointer at the up of the refrigerator at a box of fruity pebbles. "- that cereal right there" I slightly smiled.

He mugged me and I smiled. "Either that or nothing" I shrugged.

He sighed, dragging his feet on the floor to the refrigerator. Grabbing the box of cereal and making him a bowl he said.

"Imma remember dis' shit when I cook something some day." He mumbled.

I lifted my eyebrow. "You? Cook?" I chuckled.

"The fuck that suppose ta' mean?" August snapped his head my way.

"You just don't look like someone that, cooks." I giggled. "You look like all you eat is take out."

"I can through down in da' kitchen." August stuffed his face with fruity pebbles.

"Then why didn't you cook your own breakfast?" I looked at him, pouring some orange juice in a glass cup.

"Cause who uses ta' move around like dat' when they first wake up?"

"True."

"One day gal', one day ya gon be begging papa Aug ta' cook fa' ya." He tapped his chest and continued eating.

I placed everything neatly on the tray after putting one birthday candle in her muffin. I slowly picked up the cook and slowly walked out the kitchen. "Don't bite cha' tongue." I told August before heading upstairs. "Grabbed the lighter off the coffee table and come on."

___

August slowly opened Dawna's door and let me walk in before him. I smiled watching Dawna sleep. I placed the tray on her bed where it wouldn't get knocked over.

"Sho' look good." August eyed the tray, licking his lips.

I kissed my teeth. "Don't even think about it." I mumbled. Picking up the muffin, I held out my hand for the lighter.

"August." I whispered.

"What?"

I giggled, lowly. "The lighter." I pointed at it in his hand.

"Oh, here." He handed to me. I lit the candle and quickly placed the lighter down. Looked at August. "Start lowly and get louder slowly." I whispered.

He nodded. We stepped closer to her bed and I counted down from three with my fingers.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you-" I signalled August to raise his voice. "-happy birthday dear Dawnaaaaaaaa, happy birthday to you!" We shouted. "And many morrrrreee." I did jazz hands as August laughed.

Dawna stirred in her sleep before her eyes open with a smile on her face. She stretched out and yawned. I put the muffin closer to her as she sat up.

"Thanks baby." She smiled and blew out her candle.

I frowned. "You didn't make a wish?"

"Y'all two getting along is my wish baby."

I smiled and looked at August as he looked too. She smiled back and at her tray of food. "Who cooked?"

"That would be me." I pointed at myself. "Its a thank you and a birthday breakfast. Without you Dawna I wouldn't be here in the beautiful home, with you, safe. You cared for me even when I felt like nothing. You're truly a angel in human form, I love you. I would continue but that'll take all morning" I giggled as my voice trailed off.

"Awww baby." She opened her arms wide. "I love you too." She held me tight in her embrace. Her grip loosened up a little as she stretch out her left arm. "You too August." He hugged and joined in on the hug. "I love both of y'all, remember that." She mumbled. She let us go and returned back to her food.

"Imma go clean the kitchen." I kissed her forehead and took candle out her muffin, throwing it away.

"Thanks again baby." She swallowed her food.

"No problem once so ever."

I last thing a heard before going downstairs was August voice. "Let me get some mama." He whined.

I shook my head and ran downstairs.

Excuse mistakes.

Vote & comment.

And I promise the next chapter will be way, way longer. ❤