Worried Sick

For all the people that told me I needed to update. 😂 Love you. ❤

×

{Omniscient}

Sitting on his bed, his guilty conscience kept him awake. All he could think about was if Elizabeth was okay. He felt like shit for what he said, but that's how he felt.

With his face in the palm of his hands, he continued rubbing gently circles around his closed eyes, attempting to stay awake in case she came home. Thinking of the words she shared...he couldn't think straight without her. She already had a hold on August and he just didn't want her, he wanted to save her but is he good enough to do it?

Dawna paced all around the house, until she stopped in front of August door. She opened it without thinking twice about it, she knew he was still awake as well.

August didn't bother looking up from his lap.

She stood in the doorway silently with her arms crossed over her chest, she sighed "She's okay. We'll find her August." She spoke.

August kept his head down, now rubbing his hands through his curls roughly. He didn't know what to say nor what to think. He didn't love Elizabeth, but he couldn't stop rewinding the thought of her leaving.

I don't even know her...

But yet he still cared or did he just feel extremely guilty?

Dawna walked a little bit closer. Placing her hand on his right shoulder, August got chills and slightly looked up.

"Get some sleep August," She gently rubbed his shoulder. "If it makes you feel any better, just laid on the couch incase she comes back during the night." Her face showed concern for August actions. Dawna has seen August like this before and even worse. She understood, he had feelings for Elizabeth.

He just needed to recognize it for himself.

August sat there for awhile before slowly standing up, he nodded his head. I suddenly hugged Dawna as she wasted no time to embrace him back.

"Everything will work out." She mumbled in his ear.

August release her firm his arms so he could grab his pillow and headed downstairs. "I don't need a cover." He spoke before Dawna could ask him

"Alright August."

Dawna took a deep breath, moving her shoulders along. She shook her head and walked out of August room to hers. She was extremely worried for Elizabeth. Right after things got good, it all went left. She wanted nothing but happiness and success for Elizabeth, but she had to want it for herself as well.

She set on the edge of her bed, slightly bowed her head and closed her eyes. "Father God...."

{Elizabeth}

I hugged myself tighter as I turned the corner onto Dawna's street. I didn't want to go back just yet. I may not go back at all. I felt so embarrassed. I cried, I got angry with myself, with August, with my lifestyle, I fantasized about what my life would be like if I did better, but the only thing that ran through my mind the most was what August said.

Believe me I didn't want this life, but I had to do what I had to do to survive. I didn't grow up with supporting parents and caring siblings to depend on when I was in need so I had to pick something that'll at least keep a roof over my head whether I enjoyed it or not.

I stopped on my tracks at near by park. I sat on the bench on the sidewalk and just cried.

I cried and cried until I became tired and simply couldn't cry anymore. I slowly stood and walked down the street toward Dawna's house. I felt like a walking zombie and scared because I didn't want to face August.

Luckily Dawna's was super close to the park, so I made it back within minutes, I  hesitantly held up my fist to the door preparing to knock but before I did, I quickly put my fist back down.

I shouldn't be here.

Yes, you should.

No, what the hell.

I mentally went back and forth with myself so bad I didn't even realize that August already opened up the door and was staring directly at me.

I groaned in frustration and finally looked at the face I most definitely didn't want to see. I froze.

He looked as if he wanted to say something but never opened his mouth to say anything.

I quickly duck him and passed him as quickly as I could but he quickly grabbed my right wrist. When I looked back at him he automatically let go.

I pulled my arm back to my side and stared at him.

He started to scratch the back of his head with his left hand with the other hand stuffed in the pockets of the sweatpants.

" I was really worr-" I cut him off by raising my left hand.

"No need." Was all I could say before I walked away.

Excuse mistakes. I apologize for the short chapter, I just really wanted to update this book.

Vote & comment.