Later

"JACOB!"

There was a ear deafeningly loud slam of a door.

"JACOB!" The angry voice shrieked louder this time accompanied by a quick succession of loud booted footsteps quickly running up the flight of wooden steps.

Jacob sat forward and smiled awkwardly from behind his battered and messy desk, the top chaotically littered with random papers.

"Mr Darwin.... It appears my sister is displeased with me for some reason which will soon become apparent, no doubt......I apologise in advance for her crass and coarse manner" he smiled

Charles Darwin was sat opposite Jacob in a small sparsely decorated room that doubled as a make shift office back at the city strong hold. He smiled somewhat embarrassingly as Evie burst furiously and noisily into the room. Her face was flushed and her freckled nose was crinkled in anger  

"TWO HOURS JACOB!" She spat angrily as her hand gripped the door knob tightly

"Ah Evie, Mr Dawin is here, we were in the middle of a meeting.... unless you hadn't noticed" he smiled through clenched teeth some embarrassed "I'm sure he doesn't want to hear this.... Not now Evie!"

"Mr Darwin!" She greeted him a slight forced a smile and a nod "I hope you're not making any arrangements with Jacob..... He has a terrible habit of LETTING PEOPLE DOWN!" She hissed angrily as she stormed loudly across the room loosening her cape from her slight shoulders. "Two hours I was waiting for you.... Do you know how cold it is out there today?"

"Calm down Evie, a bit of cold never hurt anyone" Jacob smiled slightly condescendingly, his nonchalance only  stoking  her anger seemingly further.

"We made arrangements Jacob... You'd be there you said" Evie bellowed as she paced quickly over to the desk he still sat behind. She placed her hands upon the desks surface and leant towards him.

"I realise we made arrangements Evie, but It completely slipped my mind that I had made plans to speak with Mr Darwin until this morning" Jacob replied calmly as Evie leant in intimidatingly close to his face, her piercing eyes glaring angrily at his. 

"So you just leave me waiting? Nice one Jacob" she spat as she quickly pushed herself up "I really don't know why I thought I could rely on you Jacob... You have the attention span of a small and simple child......" She placed her hands upon her hips, her angry gaze never faltering from his "Mr Darwin, never trust my brother with anything he tells you.....chances are he will have forgotten it all by the time you've finished the conversation" Evie said still very visibly annoyed

Charles grasped at the hemline of his jacket, he shuffled uncomfortably in his chair an air of awkwardness as Evie had somehow involved him in their disagreement.

"I.... Erm...." He stuttered awkwardly

"Anyway Evie, I sorted it..... I sent Mac and [name] to fetch you ages ago"

"You did?" She sighed deeply, her tone telling him she didn't believe him.

"I did Evie, I swear it.... They took my own carriage"

"Of course they did" she scoffed "I've had to walk all the way back from Whitechapel on my own!"

"Oh Evie, wait! not Whitechapel? Not all the way?" Jacobs tone was thick with sarcasm " The walk will do you good anyway sister.... More importantly where are the rooks I sent to fetch you?" He said, his brow furrowing as his glance skipped across the desks top

"You probably sent them to the wrong stronghold completely knowing you brother dearest" she snapped with a slight roll of her eyes as she proceeded to pull her leather gloves from her slender fingers.