Forgive me?

A/N I'm sorry for the length of this chapter, I hadn't anticipated it being quite so long... I know long chapters are a ball ache to read but stick with it. I was going to leave the story here... But then felt that the whole thing needed closure.. An ending, once and for all, so there'll be a little more after this I guess.
I hope I've done it justice and it doesn't read all kind of shitty...if it does seem choppy and disjointed then I'm sorry.
Enjoy X

The carriage bumped and shook vigorously upon the cobbled driveway as you rumbled down the long driveway closer to Somerset House, the sudden, violent  jolts made you grasp tightly onto the carriages side to steady yourself from toppling completely from your seat.

Nervously, you peered from the small curtained window, your eyes anxiously scanning the rooftops of the adjacent buildings looking for either one of The Frye twins who'd alighted some number of streets back. 

You gave a deepened exhale, your breath nervously ragged as you peered down to your slight hand that sat within your lap, it lifted and your fingertips glanced your soft rosebud lips which still felt warm from the firm kiss Jacob had placed upon them before he left you.

"I'll be watching out for you" he'd told you in a stolen whisper before his lips reverently met with yours. The gentle scrape of his heated stubble still lingered upon your face, pulling the slightest of smiles to your lips.

The heavy scuffed halt of the horses hooves pulled you quickly from your distant daydream and before you could think any further, the carriage door was swiftly opened sending bright sunshine pouring into the carriages dimness.

"Miss, we've arrived at your destination" the driver smiled as he held his hand aloft ready for you to take.

With a quickened breath you lifted yourself from the carriages seat and with a nod of thanks placed your slight hand within his. You grasped tightly at the skirts of your dress, lifting them clear of your feet before carefully climbing down the modest carriage steps and stepping onto the pavement below.

It was then you saw it, Somerset House towering before you like some grand palatial residence. It's walls of white and huge pillars of stone, a sight so grand it would truly knock the breath from anyone who saw it.

"Miss?" You're driver broached as you stood there slightly slack jawed "is everything alright?"

You nodded slowly, your widened eyes never faltering from the splendour and formality that awaited before you. Here you stood, a lowly gang member with hardly a penny to your name, about to step forth and socialise with lords, lady's, dames and sirs and yet you knew nothing of their world, nothing of their lives, you were the alien amongst them...how on earth were you going to cope?

"Look at the bloody state of you, you stupid moo!"  The slightest of smiles began to tug at your lips as you heard Mac's voice suddenly begin to tease "told you you're better suited off down the asylum.... I did try and bloody warn you!"

As stupid as it seemed, although his voice purely a figment of your own imagination, it granted comfort and solace. It soothed the butterfly's that tumbled and tugged within your stomach.  He was somehow watching you today, you could feel it, even if that meant he was laughing and poking fun at you.

"Knob head" you mumbled seemingly randomly to yourself  The drivers brow furrowed and his head tilted in confusion

"Excuse me Miss?"