A cold December night

The large, rather rotund Asylum worker marched you rather swiftly and unceremoniously back through the door you came from. With a strong, vice like  grip on your arm he pulled you painfully towards a large flight of oak panelled stairs nestled at the far end of the corridor you'd explored briefly earlier.

"Alright...." You gasped as your cold bare feet stumbled as they tried to keep up "there's no need to be so rough.... Just unhand me" you winced as you stumbled up a couple of the stairs

"Why?" He growled back "so you can bloody do one again eh..... Not on your nelly..... You're going straight to Dr Elliotson, he can bloody decide what he wants to do with ya"

"Look just please!....." You gasped as he manhandled you to the top of the stairs "you're hurting me"

"I don't give a fuck little rook" he growled angrily, his large heavy boots stomping loudly on the polished wooden floor as he began to haul you down a corridor and towards a closed oak door just set back slightly from the top of the stairs. You remonstrated loudly as you tried so desperately to pull your arm from his commanding touch.

"Shut the fuck up" he growled as his fingers readjusted against your flesh making his grip even firmer.

He yanked you closer to him as he approached the door, the pain from your side burning intently, what ever its cause aggravated and no doubt made worse from your maltreatment.

He lifted his large weathered and rough hand, clenching it tightly closed he wrapped loudly on the door. There was a seconds silence before a males voice called to you both from behind the closed door. He grasped firmly onto you, his grip not faltering for a second as his other hand clutched at the highly polished brass handle pulling it purposely.

Once open he strode  you quickly through the doors opening with as much vigour and gust as before.

"Here Dr Eilliotson..... " he spat angrily as he pushed your forcefully forward, you stumbled promptly as he released his grip, falling to the busy burgundy rug beneath you. "Bleedin found this one trying to get away..... Made it to the gate she did, only just managed to get her back"

The precision ticking of the nearby grandfather clock seemed to fill the silence of the room as you breathlessly struggled to push yourself to your dirtied feet. Elliotson sat before you, behind the large writing desk where he'd been working, he looked stoically up from his paperwork like some kind of King about to address his subjects. Silently, as his eyes glared at your broken form, he placed down his quill.

"Is that so?" He said rather calmly

"Yes sir, she would have been away too if I'd not been on my rounds when I was..... Bloody Rook" he spat angrily as he gave you a firm kick, his boot against your back sending you right back onto your knees once more.

"Alright Mr Green.... There's no need to be quite so hands on" Dr Elliotson ordered from behind his desk, signalling the hospital worker to step back slightly

"I'm sorry sir.......just don't like being make a fool of" he spat angrily, his eyes glaring angrily at you as you stumbled painfully trying to push yourself up to your feet once more, the struggle in breathing becoming ever more apparent.

"You are a credit to the asylum Mr Green, I don't know where we'd be without such vigilance.... Please Accept my most sincere thanks" Elliotson said "now if you could leave the Rook to me"

Green shuffled proudly on the spot relishing in Elliotsons praise like some kind of small pet getting a pat from its master "of course Sir, just watch er Sir, she's a sneaky one she is" he said giving one last sneer at you  before turning and leaving Elliotsons office.