A night at the theatre

A/N ok, so I guess I should mention that there's mention of medical procedures and stuff in this chapter....if you don't like it.... Don't read it.... Simples!

With a heated and incensed focus igniting deep within his gut, Jacob released his grip on your hat sending it tumbling quietly to the ground once more. 

His eyes slowly lifted from the dirtied, frosty footpath he stood upon and scaled the full height of the asylum. Quickly and silently his arm lifted, releasing the grappling hook noisily from the housing of his bracer. It whizzed and whirred swiftly as the thin metal cable shot from its housing eventually connected and hooking securely over the roofs ridge.

Jacob made easy work of the relatively short distance as he hurtled quickly up the two storeys to the top of the slate grey tiled roof. He stumbled slightly, the wire propelling him forward momentarily until he found his footing upon the slippery iced tiles. Once there he glanced around looking for his entry into the asylum.

His eyes eventually fell upon and  focused on a small opened top floor window set a little further down. Without wasting a second he took off quickly through the night time stillness, his boots sliding slightly as he skipped across the slates and eventually towards the window.

There he waited, listening for any voices or footsteps of any unsuspecting asylum workers that may have been patrolling just inside. Satisfied after a short time that the corridor was clear he hastily swung down from the roof, his quickened momentum sent him hurtling through the open window and landing inside on the dirtied floor with a muffled thud.

Jacob straightened, he slowly removed his top hat and pulled forward his hood from his coat over his head until his face was bathed in the dark shadow it cast

"Now where would I find the doctor?" He growled quietly to himself as his darkened hooded eyes skipped stolidly around the grimly tiled corridor.

With no idea where to start his search to find Elliotson, He skipped quickly and stealthily down the long pungent, stark corridor towards a set of glazed wooden double doors located right at its end. He placed his hand upon the door and gently pushed it open wide enough to step quickly through into a large mezzanine overlooking a large area where many of the patients seemed to have gathered.

Making sure he was hidden from view, his eyes skirted quickly over the balustrade flitting quickly around the large room he now overlooked. A wooden panelled room with deepened red scatter rugs thrown on top of the polished floorboards, it was in itself, not an overly unpleasant room to be in.... Certainly better than the shit smeared ceramic tiled corridors he'd just come from.

He watched a moment, noting the blank and vacant expressions of those patients gathered,  corralled all together into the same room. They seemed unaware and overall disinterested at the thought of being entertained by the nurse who sat enthusiastically beating out some nameless melody on the untuned piano in the furthest corner of the room.

"Jesus!" Jacob whispered to himself, his widened eyes drifting over their hapless afflicted souls shouting and moaning amongst themselves as they shuffled aimlessly around. "The marvels of modern medicine" he muttered as he gently shook his head in disbelief, his brow furrowing a little taken back by the inhumanity of it all.

His attention snapped back, drawing him back to the task of finding Elliotson once more. He stepped back, about to turn when he noticed something or rather someone catch his eye. With a furrowed brow and a narrowing of his eyes, Jacob took a step forward placing his hand upon the balustrade to get a better look.