Evie's angry

"JACOB!" Came a shout through the early morning quietude, a shout so sharp it could have cut straight through and shattered stone.

Jacob awoke from his deep sleep with a sudden jolt, flipping quickly in the bed and swiftly sitting bolt upright. The lingering sleep that hung heavy in his head fogged his attentions and with a quick turn of the head to see who was calling his name, he fell somewhat unceremoniously out off the beds edge and onto the floor of the carriage with a loud and heavy thud.

"Evie!" He said nervously as he pushed himself up from the floor. His eyes raised to see a rather furious Evie, arms folded and glaring angrily down at him. "I thought you'd be at Greenies til this afternoon" he muttered as his hand lifted rubbing the back of his neck soothingly.

"Clearly brother!" She spat angrily, her eyes falling on your form laid in her bed. You woke upon hearing the commotion and turned tiredly, slightly confused by the sudden shouting.

"Jacob?" You questioned croakily as your eyes fell to his form still upon the carriage floor, his hair messily ruffled and his face full of the nights sleep.

"A word please brother!" Evie seethed angrily her nose crinkling up before she turned quickly on the spot and stomped loudly from the carriage.

Jacob turned to you as you began to push yourself up in the bed, he smiled innocently.

"Evie didn't know I'd be in her bed did she Jacob?" You queried as your brows lifted knowingly.

Jacob pushed himself to his feet with a slight groan, he swiftly grasped his boots and flopped down into the seat. "Not exactly" he confessed as he began to pull his boots on once again.

"Oh god Jacob!.... You said she knew!"

"Yeah! I did didn't I" Jacob replied apologetically, his brow falling........ "oh well!" He smiled quickly as he pulled his boot on

"Now I feel terrible" you said guiltily as your eyes flicked across the beds surface

"it's absolutely fine love... Stop fretting, I own this train just as much as my sister and I say you need the rest" he gave a reassuring smile to you as he pulled his other boot on. "Now I want you to rest up some more eh.... I'll send Agnes in a little later with some food for you" he straightened as grasped his hat from the small table placed to the side of the high backed chair. "And that's an order Rook alright?" he smiled as he lifted his thick fingers, running then through his wild untamed morning hair.

You smiled warmly, totally appreciative of everything Jacob seemed to be doing for you. He was about to face the wrath of his incensed  sister all because he wanted you to have a decent bed for the night.

"Good!" He smiled before he slid his hat back on top of his head once more, "I've a few things to do this morning, but I'll be back later" he smiled as he straightened his clothing and pulled the edges of his black overcoat slightly together "wish me luck" he sighed before he strode from the carriage.

Your eyes watched him closely as he left, unable to stop the wide warming smile from creeping across your face. You could almost hear Mac's laughter ringing in your ears... It was true, you'd always found him so alluring, so handsome, but then so did most of the other female Rooks you knew and more importantly he was your gangs leader. Mac had always been keen to remind you he deserved a fine and well educated lady, a lady with some social stance, something you were clearly not. Determined you had to remember that and not allow yourself to read anymore into the situation than was there, you shook any thought right from your head. You'd found yourself in trouble and he'd helped you out..... Nothing more!

Even so, Your smile quickly returned back to your lips as you indulged yourself in recalling his closeness last night once more.

*