Chapter 2: What the Hell?

My dad got a room at the Oso Blanco hotel in Mesquite. We got into the hotel room and he broke down. I've never, ever, in my life seen my dad cry.

"What's wrong? Why were those men after you and why did they kill mom? Just why?" I started to shake at the relization that my mom had just died. I was upstairs the whole time, too. I started to cry and that's when I felt arms wrap around my shoulders. I turned and cried in my dad's shoulder. The whole world cam crashing down on me. I felt so alone, so lost.

We finally gained composure. I looked at my dad and saw the sadness still looming in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Lacy. It's hard to explain," He sighed the said, "everything. It's all so complicated. Well then, Lacy, I'm in the CIA and that was the Russian mob. They have been sending threats for a while now but I never believed them." He said it so bluntly.

"Why did you keep this from me?" Now i was starting to get real mad. "Why did you find in not a nessicity to tell me? I could've have died too and you didnt even call to warn us." I was boiling now. With me being so mad, I was sure steaming was blowing out of my ears.

"Lacy, it's not that easy. I can't just tell you that I'm a spy. That's against CIA code. So just stop. It's not like I can call and just make up for the years I've been gone." With that out of his mouth, I stomped out of the room and stormed to the elevator. I just need time to think.

I pushed floor 1, and ended up in the lobby. Great, this is just perfect to brush off some steam. I took out my phone and saw that I had a missed call. My boyfriend Danny left a voicemail.

"Just wanted to let you know that we need to breakup. I know it's a shitty way to break up with you but you disappeared. So sorry hope we can still be friends."

Just freaking great. Can my day get any worse? That's when I decided to go look around. I've never actually stopped in Mesquite and looked around. Me and mom always drove through on our way to St. George. It was a cute little city with a lot of green.

I walked out the lobby doors and took a long deep breath. I closed my eyes and just stood there. About a few minutes later, I heard footsteps. I only assumed that it was someone that wanted to go into the hotel. The thumps of the shoes stopped right next to me. I turned my head and glanced at the tall figure. My dad stood there with his hands in his pockets.

"What?!" I asked, suddnely annoyed. I just wanted to run, but I had to face my fears.

"I just wanted to say sorry. Sorry I was never there, sorry I wasn't there for any dance classes or recitals, or even volleyball games. My job consumed my life and I let it happen. I guess a phone call every now and then would have been better than ignoring you for 12 years. I'm so sorry, Lacy." He said. I could hint the sadness and guilt in his voice.

I turned and buried my head in his shoulder. That was all I could do: cry. I had to let my emotions out. I had to greave for the time being then I had to be stronger than ever; for my mom.

"Okay, dad. What now?"

" We board a plane and go to HQ in DC. So let's get some sleep before we leave tomorrow. And Lacy?"

"Yeah?" I asked, wanting to know the answer.

"I Love you! never forget that!"

With that he turned and walked away. I haven't heard my dad say that in forever. It melted my heart and I turned and followed him.

Tomorrow was going to be a long, grueling day.

___________________________________________

So please comment and vote and let me know if I should continue!!!

comment/fan/vote!!!