Chapter 8: What a night!

We walked into the quiet night. Street lights lit the streets, as did the windows of some shops. There were some lights strewn over trees and on the tops of buildings. All in all, it was breathtaking.

"Wow, this is just, amazing!" The cobblestone street took us where we needed to go.

Oakley chuckled and looked down at me. He was significantly taller than my 5 foot 3 frame.

"Yeah, but not as amazing as going to dinner with the most beatiful girl." I smiled and was positive my face was bright red.

Why did he have the will-power, to make me melt, or weak in the knees? This was all so surreal.

"Why, thank you!" I playfully slapped his arm. We continued to walk down the street, until we hit a little resturaunt.

We walked in to take our seats.

"So, what are you going to have?" Not even taking his eyes off his menu.

I searched the menu to find something familiar. I saw ceaser salad and had to order it.

"Um, I'll have the Ceaser Salad. Oh, and raspberry italian soda. Thank you!" I said to the waitress. I wasn't quite sure she heard me, for she was oogling Oakley. She nodded and left the table, giving Oakley a weak and girly wave.

"She seemed to like you." I stated. I was pretty sure he knew.

"That always happens." I looked at him questioningly and he added, "Not to sound cocky. You get used to it I guess. You should know." With that, I think I saw him blush.

I chuckled and tried to think of something to talk about.

"So," he started, "how have you been? You know with this whole adventure?" He looked sad.

"I'm okay. I've been better." I gave a weak, yet sad smile. I was not okay. I felt like crawling uo in a ball, and dying. I didn't want to be here and I think Oakley knew that because he reached accross the table and held my hand.

I gasped and looked up. He looked sad, concerned, and loving. I could just melt, looking into those pale blue, gorgeous, eyes.

"Um, thank you for asking." With that, I pulled my hand away. I strike of disappointment hit his eyes.

"Um, yeah. No problem."

We got our food, and had goofy, and funny conversations.

"Okay, what's your story?" I asked after hearing a funny story.

"Um, my dad and I came home one night to find my aunt, his sister, dead. We had no idea who did it, until someone walked in the door and shots were fired. I guess, it's like your story, but my mom died when I was ten." He hung his head, in sadness.

"God, I'm so sorry. You know what cheers me up when I'm sad?" He shurgged." I love to think about the fun moments that we had as a family. Let's see.... When I was five, my parents got divorced. Then five months later, to the day the papers were finalized, I was diagnosed with eye cancer. I hate to think about the chemo and radiation, so instead, I think about the times, during these treatments. There were many attempts to make me laugh, but I was just to tired. But I do remember, my dad came in dressed as a clown and he was doing bad tricks." I smiled, reminiscein all the good times, and bad.

"Wow, I should try that. I just never put in any thought about my mom. I thought it was just done and over with and that's how life went." He shurgged.

We order desert and payed our bill. When I thought he was going to take me back to the hotel, he took me on a walk through a park instead.

It was a beatiful night. The stars were like thousands of sparkles in the sky. In Vegas, you were lucky to see a couple stars. I gaped at the hills that flowed through the park. They looked absolutely perfect.

I turned my head to see Oakley staring straight ahead. Without thinking, I grabbed his hand and interlaced my fingers with his. He looked shocked, but rested his palm against mine. Our hands fit perfectly.

That was how it went till we reached my hotel room. I turned to face him and he was looking at the gorund. I lifted his chin to look into those beautiful eyes. Then, I kissed him on the cheek. I wasn't ready for that big of a leap, yet.

He blushed and we said our goodbyes. Man, that felt to good to be true! I was falling for him and I was falling hard.