Chapter 7: Rome's Natural Beauty

When I turned the corner, I ran right into something. I thought it was Oakley, but it was a girl.

"HI!" She said with a wave. She was definately excited to meet me.

"Hi, are you Sophie?"

"Yep. Your dad said to take you around the city and get what you need. Oh and I know this amazing cafe, down the street, where we will have lunch."

She went on about how we were going to go to all the high end stores, and this cafe was just amazing. I nodded in agreement and put in the right 'hmm's' and okays.

After four hours of shopping, we were now sitting on the patio of the cutest little cafe. I had to admit, it was cute and how that vibe of my food's good and we are friendly.

"Wow this place is, amazing." I said with a smile. That was the first time I truly smiled and felt a sting of happiness.

"Yep, I love it here. It's like, my own little world. I come here when I'm confused or need to make a big descison. It  just relaxes people" Sophie smiled, and blushed a bit. She was embarassed about the little piece of information that she shared.

"Wow, I need a place like that! I just guess, I never really had a place to go for my own world. Back in Vegas, all I had was a couple parks, and my house. Nothing much or quite like this." I took in the scene.

There were familes walking in and out of resturaunt, there were a couple people jogging, there was everything around. They all were, happy, and excited. I wish I could feel what they felt.

I frowned and stared at the ground. I just wanted to go home. I wish none of this happened.

"You okay?" Sophie asked. She looked worried. What for? i wondered.

"Yeah, just a little sad i guess." I shurgged and continued to eat my pizza.

After another hour of eating and shopping, we went back to my hotel room. I was surprised at how many bags littered the bed and floor.

Slowly, I made my way through each bag; pulling and putting this away. In each bag, there were an aray of clothes. I had dresses, jeans, t-shirts, etc. I also, had the latests fashions thanks to Sophie's connections.

Then, there was a knock at the door. I put the article of clothing I had in hand, on the bed. I stood and walked over to look through the peep-hole. I came to see the handsome face of Oakley. I considered not answering it, but my heart told me to. Without even thinking, I pulled the door open.

"Hi" He said. He had on the worlds cockiest smile.

"What do you want?" I hissed, irratatedly. I didn't want him standing here thinking that I would just fall all over him.

"Wow, attitude much!" He jokingly shot back. It made me flinch at the thought that he was in to play a deadly game with me.

"I'm serious, what do you want?" with sarcasm in my voice. I put on a fake, sweet smile.

"Just wondering if you wanted to go grab a bite to eat."

I gaped. Was Oakley asking me, ME, to dinner?

I nodded without thinking and surprised myself when I said give me a minute.

I closed the door and ran to the bathroom. I combed my hair, brushed my teeth, and put on some light makeup and perfume (that I bought today).

When I went back to the door, Oakley wasn't there. Instead, there was a note.

Lacy,

Meet me in the lobby. Had to make a few arrangements.

Love,

O

I stared at the letter. I had never gotten this from any of my other boyfriends. This was definately a shock and I didn't know what to do.

My legs carried me to the elevator, without thought. I was still processing over what just happened.

Could Oakley like me? There was no way. He probably knew cuter, hotter, girls than me.  And why would he mess with a girl with eye cancer?

When the elevator dinged, signaling I was at the lobby, I willed myself to get off and find Oakley.

I saw him standing, looking at a picture, of a beautiful vineyard. I walked up behind him, making sure not to startle him. He just looked so lost in thought. The face he was making, made me laugh and he jumped.

I stepped back and giggled a bit more. He looked frightened, but softened when he saw it was me.

"Wow, you look amazing." I blushed and we walked out the doors to the quiet, night.