Chapter 9: Dad...

I walked into my room with a goofy smile on my face. This night was absolutely perfect!

I walked to my room in the suite. I got dressed then noticed the silence. My dad wasn't here. I decided to call him to see if he even was coming to the hotel tonight. I kind of wanted to talk to him.

After a few rings, he didn't answer. With a disappointed sigh, I put my phone on the counter. Seconds later, it chirped, indicating I had a text.

Watch it. I'm coming for you.

RM

I stared at the text for what seemed like hours. Just then, I gained myself and ran to HQ.

Fifteen minutes later, I was in the elevator on the way to the top to find my dad. This was freaking me out. I had no idea how they got my number or even knew where to find me. After all, my dad gave me a new ID and passport to not be noticed.

I ran straight for his office. I opened the door and flung myself at his desk. I threw the phone the desk and told him to read it. His face went pale, I swear I felt the air suck out of my lungs. Never, not  once in my life, had I seen my dad like this.

"So what do we do?" You could hear the slight edge and shake in my voice.

"I-I don't know." He was white as a sheet and couldn't utter a word.

"Dad?" he didn't answer.

"Dad? Come on dad, we need to think of a plan. Something! DAD!?" I almost shouted, but I managed not to.

"I know Lace. But this is all so, so , so surreal." He shook his head as is getting rid of a thought.

"What do I do? I need to shower and sleep, but I'm to scared to go back to the hotel. Dad, what do I do?" By now, my hands were trembling. They were after me and knew exactly where to find me.

"Listen," He finally looked up at me. "I'll have someone go and get our stuff, but for now stay put till I talk to some people." With that he got up and went to talk to others on the other side of the floor.

Hands still trembling, I sat down. What was I going to do? I know I've said it more then once, but I'm only 17 and I should not be dealing with this. 

I put my head in my hands and sighed. I heard a chuckle and turned my head to see Oakley standing at the door.

Irratation flashed on my face and I hoped he saw it. I didn't want to deal with people right now.

Then I softened enough for him, hopefully, to see the sadness plastered on my face. His eyes swept in the concern. He knelt in front of me and held my hands. I couldn't resist it, so I put my head on his shoulder. He pulled me to sit on  his lap. I took in a breath and for the first time in an hour or so, I smiled.

I only just met Oakley, and we only just had our first date. Yet, I could trust him. I could tell that he would be there when I needed him. With that, I let myself relax and let him hold me.

____________________________________________---

So sorry its short and took to long to upload!!! please read and comment~~~