Chapter 4: Dream Land

Have you ever had that dream where you just fall? Where everything is just drifting by and you  can't stop it?

It was scaring me that this was happening  to me. I felt as if I was falling and I couldn't stop. My life was just drifting by.

We were on our way to Rome and I couldn't sleep. Thoughts and scenerios just kept going through my head.

What if that was me? What if that was me and my mom?

I had to stop. I was on the verge of tears. Over the years, I always told myself to stay tough. If I let anything defeat me, that was a sign of weakness. I need to stay tough for myself and my mom. She wouldn't have wanted me to be weak in this particular situtation.

I looked out the window to let my worries drift off into the night. I didn't know where we were and I just wanted to go home. I don't want to be in this situtation.

I closed my eyes and wondered what else my parents kept from me.

As I thought about it, I drifted into sleep.

"Stand here and wait. Don't move. Don't do a thing. I got you and I won't let you go" The husky voice said. I looked around and everything was black.

I reached out, expecting a hand or something to pull me close.

I kept reaching and then I fell. I fell and kept falling until I hit the ground.

Now everything was white. I struggled to get up, and when I did, I took in my surroundings. There laid my mom dead and she was covered in blood. I screamed and screamed but no one heard me.

I felt a cold hand on my shoulder then I turned around to see a man with a gun pointed right at me.

 I woke up sweating and panting. I looked around, my dad was just staring at me.

"Lacy are you okay?" He  didn't  understand what just happened. I couldn't process the words in my head, so when I opened my mouth to say something, nothing came out. Instead I cried.

My dad got up and walked over to me. We sat the in embrace as I cried and he rubbed my back.

This is just not how everything was supposed to go. I should be in school and hanging out with my friends. I'm not supposed to be running away to Italy and plotting revenge on a Mob.

This was all so surreal. I couldn't take it. I don't think a 17 year old should ever go through this much.

I pulled back and looked at my dad. My good eye was blury and I could barely see his expression. I knew he was sad and guilty, but I had to assure him that everything was okay.

"Um, dad? Are you okay?"

"Um, yeah, I think." We both sighed and he began to talk quietly again.

"I just feel like this is all my fault. I didn't warn your mom or you to leave. God, why was I so stupid?" he put his head in his hands and sighed.

"Dad. Look at me." He slowly lifted his head. Tears drifted down his cheek. "This is not you fault so stop. I don't blame you for anything. I know I blew up at you earlier for never being there or not telling me. But I was just, so, so, angry. I love you, dad. I forgive you for all the times you weren't there and when you stopped calling. I forgive you, dad"

" I just thought you guys were better without me. I'm so sorry Lacy." With that we hugged. We hugged till someone cleared their throat.

There stood a man with bronze hair and deep green eyes. He looked scary and i flinched at the sight of him.

"Sorry to interupt, but sir, we need to have a video confrence with the guys in Rome."

My dad looked at me, sadness lingering in his eyes. I nodded for him to go. He hesitated and got up and left.

I stared out into the night sky and thought all about what just happened. I felt a smile creep up on my face as I thought.

A heavy weight had been lifted from my shoulders. I forgave my dad for all the years he wasn't there. It felt to good to be true. I had everything that I needed and I didn't realize it.

I sat in silence with a big grin on my face, still staring out the window. I snapped out of whatever it was, when I heard someone taking a seat next to me. I turned to see that same boy with the pale blue eyes.

I wondered when he boarded the plane. I hadn't seen him board, so he must've been on before me.

"Hi. How are you doing?" I smile played on his lips. Damn, he was really cute.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine. and you?" I felt my cheeks turn bright red. Why was I blushing. He hadn't said anything but 'hi'. I turned and didn't wait for an answer.

I felt a warm sensation as he pulled my chin to look at him. I stared deep into his pale blue eyes. I got lost and I felt like time had just stopped.

"I've been better!" He smirked and even chuckled. This time I was sure that I was bright red.

I searched the rest of the plane, making sure I avoided eye contact with Oakley. My gaze fell on my dad. He was staring intently at the screen. I couldn't tell what he was looking at but it was serious.

"Well, I guess I'm being ignored." I turned my attention back to Oakley. He was smiling at me, showing his pearly whites. I blushed a bit realizing that he was talking to me.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Were you asking me something?" I was straight-faced and serious. He laughed and i didn't even budge.

"What does it take to make you laugh?" His question threw me off gaurd. I blinked and opened my mouth to answer. I was interupted by the captain telling us our plane was landing soon and to put our seatbelts on.

__________________________

thank you to who reads my story. Can someone please explain to me how to get my pics up! I dont get how to do it. !!!!

vote/fan/comment <3