Chapter 10: What a Week

After that night with Oakley and my dad, things changed drastically. I was put on watch and had to change hotels three times. This was out of my control and  I didn't like it.

I didn't recieve any texts or calls from 'RM'. It was strange to think that this was all happening.

"Hey dad." I kissed his cheek as he mumbled his hello. He was deep in thought so I turned to find Sophie. Maybe we could go do something or I just might kill myself being in this office the whole time.

"Hey Soph, you wanna go shopping or something?" She turned to me and smiled.

"YES!" She squealed and hauled me out of the office.

********************

After two hours of shopping, we had quite a few bags, and we were starting to get really hungry. We stopped at the cute little cafe that she took me to the first time we went shopping.

"So, how was your date? You know I never got to ask you about it." I smiled remembering the wonderful night I had. Despite the whole 'RM" thing.

"It was.... fantastic!" I sighed. I never had a date like that.

"Ooooh tell me more!"

"Well, we went to dinner and I got to know about his aunt and dad. It's sad that all three of us had to go through it!" She nodded and looked down at her plate as if she was suddenly not hungry.

"Soph, are you okay?" She looked up with watery eyes. Oh no, I don't do well with this.

"No, I'm fine, it's just that.... That I never really got to make any friends who were going through what I am. I mean I'm friends with Oakley but he's no fun sometimes. When I learned that you were coming here, I was excited. I finally had another girl to hang out with and she knew what I was going through."  A tear escaped and she looked up, smiling sadly.

I smiled big and threw my arms around her. She was my friend and she made some good points about her knowing what I am going through.

"Listen Soph, you are my friend and I'm glad we are. But enough with the sadness, we need to go and have some fun! What's the legal drinking age here?" She looked up with a smirk on her face.

"It's 16! Okay we are going clubbing.!"