||Chapter 2||

"Fucking hell," you shrieked as you dropped your gallon of milk for the fourth time, and it miraculously didn't break. You attempted to carry seven shopping bags up six flights of your apartment stairs.
"I swear to fucking God," you muttered under your breath, resuming your hike up the stairs, "If I ever see those kids who broke the elevator, I will murder them."
You reached your floor and unlocked your door. The familiar scent of coffee and vanilla candles filled your nose. You dragged the bags inside and set them on the tiled kitchen floor. You gazed around you apartment. There was a black dining table and a set of chairs on your right and father back was a worn out couch facing a television.

You turned to the kitchen on your left and you started unloading your groceries. You lifted the milk and set it on the counter top. "Case open, case shut, you could pay to close it like a casket." Fall Out Boy's song, You're Crashing But You're No Wave, pierced the air of the silent apartment. You looked around for you phone and saw it in your purse by the door. You stepped over the rest of your groceries and reached for your phone, knocking the milk off the counter in the process.

"SHIT," you grabbed you phone and stood among the puddle of milk.
"I drop you five times and now you decide to break?" you huffed. "Isn't it tragic? Woah," your phone continued to ring.
"I swear to fucking God I need a new ring tone," you said as you answered you phone.
"Hello?"
"Y/N?"
"Allie?" Allie was your childhood friend that was rather clingy and a bit of an air head.
"Listen should I get Ryan a blue or green tie for our anniversary?"
"Uhm, are you sure he wants a tie?" You knew Ryan and you knew he wouldn't want a tie, seeing as he never wore them.
"Of course he wants a tie. Don't men like ties?"
"Don't you think he'd like a vinyl or something?"
"A vinyl? He has tons of those though,"
"Yeah but he was telling me that he wanted Collide With The Sky on vinyl,  just the other day," you put your phone on speaker and placed it on the counter.
"Well I guess I could get him it,"
"Yeah I think he'd like it more than a tie," you grabbed a paper towel and dried your feet.
"Okay I'll get him both, thanks Y/N
Bye!" she hung up. You exhaled and grabbed your mop.

"Fucking milk ugh," You finished mopping then sat down and turned the TV onto a random channel and aimlessly watched the news. Your attention soon faded off and your gaze fell on the picture frame besides your couch. There was a picture of you and your roommate at prom. Neither of you had gotten dates so you went together. You smiled at the memory  with your best friend, when your thoughts were interrupted. "Earlier this afternoon 7/11 was burgled"  Your head snapped up,"WHAT," you turned the volume up, "Witnesses say it was Gerard Way, an escaped convict...." You turned the TV off, feeling sick. You didn't wish to hear more about how you helped a man rob a gas station. You heard the door slam.

"Y/N?" a voiced called
"I'm in the living room, Sky," you yelled back. You heard footsteps approaching then saw a mane of purple and black hair.
"Y/N, I got hired." Skylar, your roommate, smiled excitedly. She'd been fired from her past nine jobs for not paying attention.
"I knew you'd get it," You shrugged, she'll probably loose it next week.
"Y/N, I think that this place might actually keep me, they seemed like they really liked me an-" You cut her off, you've heard her speech about how she was gonna keep this job and work hard, far too many times.
"Listen, Skylar I gotta run to the store, I forgot milk." You pulled on your shoes, "I'll be back in an hour."
"Okay. Oh and while your out, could you stop at the bank and deposit this check for me?" Skylar pulled the slightly wrinkled check out of her skinny jeans
"Yeah, sure," you grabbed the check, "Bye Sky," you left.

*15 minutes later*

You decided to go to the bank first, because you didn't wanna go around carrying milk everywhere.
You walked into the fairly empty bank, there was a black haired man with his back to you, getting some coffee, two ladies working at the counter, a police officer at the door and a young couple holding hands, talking to the manager. You walked up to one of the ladies at the counter.

"Hi my name is Janet how may I help you today?" she said dully, obviously not wanting to be here. "Hi, uhm," you dug through your purse looking for Skylar's check, "I'd like to deposit a check please."
"Okay if yo-" the woman named Janet stopped speaking and stared behind you, at the door. You heard something heavy clatter on the floor, you whipped around and saw the police officer, staring down a short man, who supposedly bumped into him and knocked his gun out of his hand. The short man picked up the gun, "I'm so sorry officer, it was completely unintentional I-" he cut himself off by shooting the detectors by the door. "Oops?" He grinned widely then whacked the officer on the head with his gun, knocking him out. The man you assumed was getting coffee turned around and smirked as the building went into lock down.

"Not bad, Frank," You couldn't stop yourself from gasping when you saw him.
"Not bad? I doubt that you could've done better," the man called Frank scoffed and raised the pistol towards the ladies at the counter.
"I would, but half of America's after my neck, I can't exactly play the nice guy," the man cocked his gun and pointed it at you,
"I know you." Gerard said simply then turned his gun to the other people.
"In case anyone's really fucking stupid and doesn't know what's going on," He spoke lazily with his Jersey accent, "this is a break in and you're all stuck in the middle of it."