||Chapter 5||

"Come... with you?" Gerard stared at you like you had two heads.
"I'll er provide you with a place to stay and um," you didn't think this through, "I'll help you the best I can to find your brother," you sorta hoped he said no because you didn't think this through at all.
"No." he said firmly then started back to Frank.

You quickly hurried after him, sorta relieved. When you reached the lobby room what you saw rather surprised you. Everyone was sitting in a circle, playing cards. Everyone seemed terrified besides Frank, who looked like he was enjoying himself.

"Did you get it?" Frank looked up at Gerard.
"No."
"W-what?" Frank scrambled to his feet. "Did yo-" Gerard cut him off by dragging him to the corner, where they continued in hushed voices.

"A-are you okay?" you looked down to see Janet looking at you.
"Oh um, yeah I'm fine. What about you all?"
"He just made us play cards the whole time, I think he's a bit insane," Natasha whispered.
"Oh, well er," you never finished your sentence because the police officer who Frank knocked out woke up.

"Wha-" He looked around, taking in his surroundings, "Wait... you're Gerard Way."
"I know who I am thank you very much," Gerard put his hands on his hip, "the real question is do you know who you are?"

"Of course I do, I'm...I'm... Um..." the officer looked confused. Gerard turned to Frank.
"Frank, you did it again. But this one knows who I am but not who he is. How does that even work. "
Frank shrugged, "Oops?"
"You gotta stop doing this, ugh," Gerard rubbed his forehead, "Just-just go crack it."
Frank grabbed his bag and huffed down the hallway.

You sat by everyone else in silence. Gerard stood against the wall by the door. He took a cigarette pack out of his pocket and took one out then patted his pockets for a lighter. You all just sit in silence while he smoked his cigar.

You thought back to the situation with Gerard, Did I really just invite him to stay with me? What the hell, I don't even know him.
But he does needs help, he's hurt and confused.
That doesn't mean I can just invite him to stay with me. Fucking hell.

You looked around the room, sitting on your right was, Janet, Natasha and the manager who's name you didn't know. The couple you saw earlier was sitting together in a corner on your left.

You glanced up at Gerard who was staring at the police cars, outside by the bank. You watched him inhale and exhale the smoke from his cigar for a while then he turned his head slightly and made eye contact with you. He raised his eyebrow in a what are you looking at? way. You looked away and played with the strings barely hanging onto your ripped skinny jeans.

It felt like hours but the clock on the wall said it had only been half an hour. Frank finally returned and dropped some bags by Gerard who was smoking his third cigarette. He looked down at the bags and then back at Frank, "Finally, let's go, there's supposed to be a backdoor, the front ones surrounded."

Frank grimaced, "They've got it surrounded as well, I just checked." Gerard swore under his breath and crushed his cigar against the wall. "Well just stay here until we figure something out then." Gerard whispered something to Frank.

Frank nodded and walked over to the police officer who was still confused. He hauled him up then pointed to the couple and beckoned them over to him. "You're all useless so we're letting guys out," he informed them.

"Oh take the other girls too, they get on my nerves," Gerard pointed at Janet and Natasha.

"But cards is no fun with three people," Frank pouted, "and you rarely play." Gerard sighed, "Fine just take the dumb one then," he nodded towards Natasha.

Frank pointed at Natasha, "You, come on." Natasha scrambled to her feet, eager to leave the bank. She looked back at Janet who look even more terrified then before. Natasha ran back and gave her a hug, whispering something into her ear.

Natasha stood up and looked around the room until she found me, she ran forward and quietly told me, "Watch over Janet please, she has anxiety problems and needs to take medication, she has some pills, but they're in the back room."

Frank yelled, "Are you coming or not, woman?" Natasha quickly stood up and ran to Frank who cracked the door open and had them all go through quickly then locked it all up and watched as the inattentive officers intercepted them.

"Good riddance," Gerard mumbled.
Frank grinned and sat down besides the rest of us. He pulled his deck of cards out, "Okay who's dealing?"

A/N: I'd just like to inform you all that my school starts up again on Monday so I probably won't be able to update everyday. So don't think that I've died if I haven't updated in while. I hope you all had a lovely break ❤
Xoxo,
A