||Chapter 10||

"What? " You stared at him, trying to figure him out.

"What part of 'I need your help' don't you understand?" Gerard turned to you, "Do you want me to say in fucking Japanese or something?" You sat there, motionless, waiting for an explanation.

Gerard ran a hand through his wet hair, making it messier the before. "Look, that photo you're holding is my brother and I can't just stroll into the police station and go" Gerard put on a sarcastically wide smile, "Hey! Can you tell me where this boy was last seen? Thanks!" His face went back to being grim. "See? I can't do that."

"So," you asked him, "How does this involve me?" Gerard crushed his cigarette on your coffee table, you mentally cringed and you were about to tell him off when you realized he could potentially kill you if he wanted.

Gerard groaned and pulled at his hair, "I want you to do it for me, stupid. I thought that was obvious." Wait...what? Who the hell does he think he is, strolling into my apartment and demanding my help.
"I mean after all,"
I'm gonna tell his pretty little ass to get out or I'm calling the police,
"You did offer me a place to stay and your help, if I'm recalling this correctly."
You froze, Oh. Oh shit. I forgot I said that, You mentally face palmed. Why couldn't you keep your mouth shut?

"Unless, that meant nothing to you? Were they just empty words? I understand if you refuse to help me, it's just I thought," He took a moment to think of his words, "I thought you might be different and understand." He stood up, "It's okay, I'll just go, sorry for bothering you," He started walking to the door. "Wait!" Oh God, were you about to do this? "I uh," Dammit Y/N, back at it again with the stuttering. "Look, I um, give me a day, I need to think."

Gerard grinned, "Fine by me." he headed towards the door, "just call me whenever you make up your mind."
"Okay," Wait, call him? "But I don't have your number."

Gerard winked and slid out the door. What the fuck? You thought then went your room and flopped on your bed. Literally two seconds later you got a text message. You whipped out your phone.
One new text from ;),
"What were you saying about not having my number, sugar?"
Oh my God when the hell did he do this? You rapidly typed your reply, "fuck you, 'sugar'"
You weren't intending on sending it, but it's what you felt like telling him. You moved your thumb to erase the text, but you pressed send out of habit. Oh shit. Did I really just do that?
You stared at the three dots which meant he was typing, Well I'm fucked.
"Fuck me? Well that's a bit straightforward, but I'll have to pass right now."
Oh God, I hate him. I hate myself for sending that. I'm just gonna go die in a hole now.

You plugged in your phone and set it on your desk. Okay but in all honesty, do I want to help this man? Can I trust him? You had millions of questions swirling in your head. I feel bad for him, he's basically completely alone. I don't know if this is safe though. Maybe I should turn him into the police, I have his fucking number. But I did promise him.

You groaned and grabbed your phone, "Hello? Tyler? Listen man I need some advice. So I made a promise to someone who has a pretty big chance of being a bad person and now they're asking for me to fulfill that promise and if I do help like I said I would there's a chance I could be in danger." You sighed and rubbed your forehead.

"Well um," Tyler started to reply in that slightly cracked voice of his,
"It depends, how dangerous are we talking here?"
"Like chance I could maybe die, but I'm not saying that's guaranteed, it's just a possibility."
"Well do you want to help them?"
"I-I don't know, on one hand I do but on the other I feel..." What did you feel? Were you scared? Angry? Worried? Hurt? "I just, I feel confused."
"Well just do whatever feels right I guess, sorry I'm not very helpful right now am I?" You heard Tyler's cheery laugh through the phone. "But seriously, I don't know what's going on but, be careful. Please." You could just picture Tyler's eyebrows scrunching up as his brown eyes gleamed with concern.

"Thanks Tyler. I think," You knew what you've decided,"I think I know what to do."
"Great, listen I need to go but call me later if you need anything, k?"
"Okay, thanks so much Tyler, bye. " You hung up, Okay you've got this. Just listen to your gut.

You stood up and went into your kitchen to get a coffee, but stopped in your tracks when something caught your eye. What the hell? Is that... You stepped into the bathroom, A sketchbook?

It must be Gerard's. I should return it. You grabbed the book and placed it on the dining table, then went to make some coffee. Every once in awhile you glanced at the book, it was practically staring at you. Fuck it, you thought as you sat down at the table and pulled the book towards you.

It was pretty big with a worn brown cover. You opened it and gasped, Are these photos? You touched one, accidentally smudging it a bit. Oh my God, it's a bloody drawing. Holy shit, this is amazing.
You flipped through the pages of drawings, some in color, some in just pencil, there were realistic drawing and there was cartoon characters. You flipped through the pages, a certain on catching your eye, Is that Frank? The drawing was of the short man laughing, his tattoos and features all done perfectly. His jet black hair falling slightly into his cheerful face. You turned the page, Was that you? And Janet? Oh my God it's everyone at the bank. Every single detail was flawless. There was you and everyone sitting against the wall while Frank shuffled the cards. Even though it wasn't one of the happiest of days, it was still a beautiful drawing.

You kept flipping through the book, completely in awe of every drawing. You soon reached the end of or book. You set it down and went to grab your phone. Your finger hovered over the dial button, Were you ready for this? you pressed dial.

" 'ello?" Gerard's leathery voice filled the speaker of your phone.
"Hey," your voice shook a bit.
"Already made up your mind, sugar? It's only been an hour or so."
"Yeah um," you sucked in your breath, "I'm in,"
"Great, I'll be over tomorrow to ex-" you cut him off, "Under one condition, once you find your brother, you have to promise to leave me alone. Forever. Do you promise me that?" you listened to the momentary silence.

"I promise."

A/N: Hello everyone, I wasn't planning on updating today but... it's March 22nd and I just wanted to say, thank you to mcr for creating this amazing community of people, the kids from yesterday, who love and accept anyone who joins. I have never felt like I belonged anywhere more then this. Even though they are gone, their memory will carry on.
Keep running, killjoys,
xoxo,
A