||Chapter 6||

You checked the clock on the wall for what must be the 50th time in the past hour. You all must've played cards 500 times, even Gerard played once, but went back to scribbling in his sketchbook after miserably loosing.

Looking around the room you saw Gerard sitting on the floor with multiple papers lying in front of him. On one of them he seemed to be sketching something and using the others as a reference.

Leaning against you was Janet who had managed to fall into an uneasy sleep after the 22nd round. Across from you was Frank, attempting to army shuffle the cards, but failing miserably. Next to him was the manager who you found out was named Alex.

You kept trying to find the right moment to ask Frank if you could go to the back room and get Janet's medication so that she could calm down a bit.

Janet whimpered in her sleep and you plucked up the courage to ask Frank.
You cleared your throat and Frank looked at you with a what do you want? look. "Janet needs her medication, but it's in the backroom," you told him.

"Oh," He paused, "Um, Gee, worker girl needs her meds." Gerard looked up from his papers, annoyed. "Where are they at?" he looked at you.
"Oh, um they're supposed to be in the backroom. "
He looked back at his work, "Frank, escort her to the back room."

Frank stood up and held his hand out for you to grab on, you leaned Janet against Alex and grabbed his hand. He had a really firm grip as he helped you to your feet. "Thanks," he grinned at you, "No problem."

You both walked towards the back room at the end of the hall. Frank was shuffling his cards as he walked. You looked around, wondering which door it was to the back room. "Hey which do-" "Shit," Frank yelped as he dropped his deck all over the floor. "It's that one," Frank pointed towards a door on your left. He groaned as he fell to his knees, picking his cards up.

"Um," you weren't sure whether you should wait for him or go in. Frank looked up at you, "Well, why are you just standing there? Go get her meds." you scurried into the door and faced a long row of full sized lockers.

You found the locker that Janet told you about and noticed it wasn't shut all the way. You opened the locker and out fell a person. "HOLY M-" a hand clamped around your mouth.
"Shhhhh, I don't want them knowing I'm here. I work here and I was in the back room when I heard the gunshot so I hid," he tugged on one of his brown, curly locks of hair as he explained.

"Please don't tell them I'm here."
"Wouldn't dream of it," you whispered, then shoved him into a different locker.

Frank walked in with a deck of neatly stacked cards in a firm grip. "Did you get them?" you grabbed the purse inside the locker and dug around until you found a little orange bottle. "Yeah, I got them, let's go."

You turned towards the door, but Frank was staring at the lockers. Shit did he see that guy? You started freaking out internally. "OH MY GOD, SHIT," you run into the door, on purpose of course, but that didn't make it hurt less.

Frank sharply turned his head to look at you, "Klutz," he chuckled under his breath and headed out the door. You quickly followed him, limping slightly.

You both walked in silence till you reached the lobby. Frank immediately went to Gerard and they began talking in hushed voices.

You sped over to Janet who was awake. You thrust the bottle into her hand, "Here."
She stared at the bottle with confusion then she realized what it was, "Oh my god, thank you." Janet dumped two tablets into her hand and swallowed them dry, then leaned against the wall to relax.

You looked at the clock, it was 1am which meant you had been there for roughly 8 hours.

There was a crash coming from a different part of the bank and everyone's head jerked up. Gerard stood up and quickly went to a different room down the hall, probably looking for the source of the noise.

Shit afro man is in there.

"Get on your knees and put your hands behind your back," you barely heard Gerard say.

Everyone was straining their ears, trying to hear what was going on.

"Wait..." Gerard's voice went from confusion to shock,
"Ray? Shit, FRANK GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE." Gerard hollered down the hallway.

Frank ran towards the hallway but stop and turning towards us, "If anyone moves I swear to God you'll never see daylight again," he said sternly then darted down the hallway.

You listening carefully, shushing Janet when she tried to talk.

"What's going on Gee? Holy shit Ray?
You heard shuffling and clapping of some sort.
"Good to see you man, good to see you."
"Listen Ray..." they started talking too quietly for you to make out words so you just sat waiting for something to happen.

You averaged that it had been 15 minuets before Frank darted into the lobby, grabbed his bags and sorta saluted at you all then went back into the hallway.

Gerard walked in shortly after Frank and began assembling his papers then walked back to the hallway. Before he went in he looked around the room and winked at you and mouthed something that you couldn't make out. Before you could respond he left and all you heard was his fading footsteps.

You sat waiting. Had they left? Are we allowed to leave? What happened in the back room? You were so deep in thought, you didn't see Janet and Alex open the front door until the police started piling in.

The police started giving everyone orange blankets, proclaiming that you were all in shock. You sat in the back of the police van in a daze.

"Excuse me?"

You looked up to see a police officer standing in front of you

"We'll have to ask you some questions if you don't mind."

"Oh well go on," you nodded at her si that she would continue.

"First of all, are you alright?"

"Yes of course, just a but shaken but fine."

She flashed a smile at you, "Great. Now can you recall who the man or lady holding you hostage was?"

"Yeah it wa-" you didn't finish your sentance, did you want to tell them who it was? Or no?

"Excuse me?" she jerked you out of your thoughts.

"Oh um sorry, what did you want to know again?"

"Could you identify whoever held the bank hostage?"

"No, I didn't know who it was."