||Chapter 14||

"Gerard no- YOU CAN'T JUST THROW MY SNACKS OUT THE WINDOW. I PAID FOR THOSE, STOP." you attempted to get grip on the variety of snacks clenched in Gerard's fist.

"But they smell like shit, I think I might actually vomit."

" I DON'T CARE," you finally freed your food from his grasp, "YOU. HAVE. NO. RIGHT. TO. TAKE. MY. FOOD." you smacked him with a bag of chex mix on every word.

Gerard shoved your hand aside, "Would you quit it, I'm trying to drive for fucks sake."

"Your the one who took my food in the first place." you retorted. Gerard stuck his tongue out at you then returned his focus to the road.

It has been exactly 1 hour, 9 minutes and 17 seconds since you packed your bags and drove off to LA with Gerard in his (probably) stolen Toyota. You were already feeling slightly lightheaded from the constant bickering between the two of you. Was it really worth using all my vacation days on this?

You and Gerard sat in silence until you spoke up, "God it's quiet, I'm turning on some music.

You turned to grab the black duffle bag sitting in the back seat then proceeded to search for your collection of CDs.

Aha, you extracted the small leather CD holder from your hastily packed bag. You flipped through the cds, finally decided on a Pink Floyd CD.

"Pink Floyd? Honey no. We're listening to some fucking David Bowie." Gerard spoke up as he turned on the stereo which already held Station To Station.

You grumbled slightly but didn't object. "Fine, but Pink Floyd after."

"Ha ha ha, no." Gerard said, sarcasm dripping from his lips.

"Oh come on, everyone knows, driver drives, shotgun DJs." you whined to him.

Gerard glanced at you with a stern face, "Don't make me pull over and put you in the back young lady." You made a wry face and crossed your arms.

Gerard smirked, "Wow just like that? No argument?"

"Would you like to fucking fight me mate?" you retorted.

Gerard mimed being in deep thought then frowned, "Nah."

You rolled your eyes and stared out the window. Your thoughts began to wander as you watched the sun's last light of the day shine out on the scenery.

Am I doing the right thing here, you thought, he seems to really care for his brother. I can't imagine caring so much for someone so you'd rob banks and travel across the country, just so you could be near them. I honestly don't think I'd ever care that much for anyone. If I did care for someone that much, I would want all them help I could get to find them.

You glanced at Gerard, one hand lazily on the steering wheel and the other tapping on his knee. His eyes were slightly covered by bits of his newly dyed hair as he stared intently at the road. His hazel eyes always had a certain spark to them, as if they were smirking because they knew a secret that you didn't. At first glance you wouldn't assume that he was a theif, drug smuggler, murder and all the other things the police accused him of.

"Hey would you might grabbing my phone and finding the nearest hotel?"

"Hmm?" you mumbled as Gerard interrupted you thoughts.

Gerard sighed, "I said can you gra-" "I heard you the first time," you told him as you grabbed his phone.

You pressed the home button and saw his flowery Tumblr aesthetic, "Hey Gee, cute wallpaper, also what's your pass code?"

Gerard's head jerked to look at you, "Since when do you call me Gee?"

Wait, did I just call him that? Is Frank the only one allowed? Shit.

"Oh sorry I don't know, it just slipped out. I'll call you Gerard fr-"

"No." Gerard interrupted your rambling, "I mean, its okay." he corrected himself. "It's just only Frank and um, Mikey ever called me that."

Oh. "I can stop if it brings up bad memories or um, yeah."

"No, it's fine, I-I like it. It's nice to hear it from someone else." He flashed you a small smile. "Oh and the codes 1980."

You nodded at him in thanks as you entered it.

Okay Google maps, nearest hotel is uh, goddamn, no signal.

"Um, Gera-Gee. There's no signal."

"Goddammit" he swore as he pulled over, "let me see it."

Handed him the phone and watched him fiddle with it for a bit, then your eyes wandered to the empty road around you. You were the only car in sight. There were no buildings around, only the empty grass fields surrounding you. You glanced at the clock, 11:23.

Gerard chucked the phone at you and started the car up.

"So are we going to just driving? I don't think there's any hotels near." you said cautiously, not sure of his mood. "If you like we could take turn- WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?" you yelled as Gerard turned into the field of grass.

"I'm exhausted and there's no way I'd let you drive, so we're spending the night in here." Gerard parked in the middle of the field and gestured to the back of the car.

"Fine but why the hell are we in this field,"

"No cars," he said and climb out of the car.

You hastened to unbuckle you belt and get out. You watched Gerard dig through the trunk.

"Ah, here it is, I knew I packed blankets." Gerard chucked a blanket at you, then shut the trunk and climbed into the passengers seat.
"Wait!" you hurried after him, "what's going on?"

Gerard looked at you like you were stupid (you're not stupid) "I'm sleeping up here and you can snooze in the back seat. Good? Good. Okay, 'Night" he tugged the blanket over himself and turned over on the lowered seat.

You climbed into the backseat and shoved all the bags onto the floor. You kicked your shoes off and pulled the blanket over yourself, using your arm as a makeshift pillow.

You tried to sleep for maybe an hour, but the uncomfortable seats and the cold were getting to you. You already had asked Gerard if he could turn on the heater, but he just mumbled something about not wanting to kill the car battery.

You listened to Gerard's steady breathing, trying to make yourself fall asleep even if it was absolutely freezing. The skimpy blanket you had did almost nothing to help keep you warm.

You lifted your head to see the time, 12:46. You groaned and flopped back on the seat.

You heard Gerard sigh deeply and open his door. Moments later he had opened the door at your feet and layed his blanket ontop of yours.

"Move over," he said then scrambled in beside you.

You scrunched up your brows and whisper-shouted, "What are you doing?"

"It's been an hour and you haven't gotten a wink of sleep beause of this fucking cold. Now go to sleep." he ordered.

"Well I would but I'm about to fall of-" Gerard cut you off by abruptly pulling you into him, wrapping his arm around your was waist.

"I said sleep."

You were thankful for the dark so he wouldn't see your blush when you realized that the two of you were basically spooning, alone, in the back seat of a car, in the middle of nowhere.

"Gee?" you whispered.

"Yes, sugar?" he said, his hot breath tickling your neck.

"Goodnight."