Lies

My mom gets home from shopping just as I finish eating the entire box of fries. Yes, that's right. The entire box. I'm not even ashamed.

She's with my two 'stepsisters' ( can I call them that yet?) because I didn't want to go with them.

The entire room pretty much smells of McDonald's, so I'm not surprised when my mom asks me about it.

"Alannah did you go to McDonalds?" I shake my head, not wanting to speak because I feel as if I may throw up, with how full I feel.  Leah grins and winks at me.

"Oooh did your boyfriend send them?" She coos. My moms face looks shocked and Chantelle's eyebrows dart up in surprise.

"Boyfriend? You didn't tell me you had a boyfriend Alannah." I glare at Leah and she shrugs her shoulders. I turn back to my mom and clear my throat, trying to come up with an answer.

"Well, it's not really that serious yet. I was going to tell you." I excuse. Moms face softens and she smiles widely.

"Oh that's okay, what's his name then?"  She questions.

"Edward," I lie.

"What's his surname?" Leah asks out of the blue. My mind races and I blurt something out quickly.

"Cullen," shit. Chantelle bursts out laughing. I laugh along awkwardly, trying to make it look like  I was joking.

"Edward Cullen, what a lovely name." My mom says, oblivious. Thank god she hasn't watched twilight.

"Yeah, it is."

"Well dear, when do I get to meet Edward Cullen?" Well never because he's a fictional character from a teen movie about vampires, I think to myself. But instead I say,

"Tomorrow?" My moms  face lights up and she claps her hands together.

"That's wonderful! Oh I'll have to make something good for dinner! You have to bring him to our home!"

"Um...okay..." God how am I going to get myself out of this?

******
Hey everyone who's reading this! I think this is my first authors note thing, I hope you're all enjoying this story. If you are let me know by commenting, voting or just messaging me. Ciao 👋🏻