Money

Harold: good morning sunshine :)

Lana: Good morning Harry :)

Harold: what are your plans for today Lana banana?

Lana: Mmm...nothing really

Harold: I posted some money through your letter box this morning, get something nice for your dinner tonight :)

I groan and get up off the couch, where I've been led for about three hours doing nothing productive whatsoever. I walk towards the front door and spot a small white envelope with Lana sprawled across it in sloppy handwriting.

I take it back into the living room and open it carefully.

"Jesus Christ Harry," I mutter, shaking my head. There's at least £500 in here.

My phone starts to ring, I place the envelope full of cash down on the coffee table gently and pick up the phone.

******

Harry's PoV:

Lana picks up on the first ring.

"Hey there," I smile.

"What the hell?!" Lana says rather angrily. I frown, confused.

"Have I done something?" I ask, trying to think of something I might have said or done that might upset her.

"Harry there's like £500 in this envelope!"

"I know, I want you to get something nice."

"I can get something nice with my own money! This is too much Harry, I'm not spending your money."

I sigh and run my hands through my hair.

"Why not? £500 isn't that much," I argue, still unsure to why it's such a bad thing.

"It is to me! I don't feel comfortable taking money off of you, or anyone for that matter." She persists, calming down.

"Lana you're not taking my money. I'm giving it to you as a gift. You're not giving it back to me, in fact I refuse to take it back. So I suggest you spend it, otherwise that's just wasting it isn't it?"

Lana stays quiet for a moment, taking in what I've just said.

"I'm not going to spend it." She says stubbornly.

"Then don't, but keep it and if you ever want to buy yourself something nice, buy it with that. I've got to go to a meeting now, I'm not allowed to talk on the phone but I'll text you okay?"

"Okay," She grumbles.

"Bye Lana"

"Bye Harry"

******