eight, ardent royal blues

eight"I don't appreciate false promises"

eight
"I don't appreciate false promises"

"I wish you'd done that sooner," Lusine breathes, her lips pulling away from Loki's. Her hands slip from his hair to tangle around the back of his neck. She gives him a smile before looking to the side at her enraged brother with his arm wrapped around Pelia's tiny waist.

Lusine's murderous glare and her snarl that curls at the corners of her thin lips made Pelia curl into Lycus' side that little bit tighter.

Pelia knew that look. She'd seen it many times from the Volkov Princess and, more often than not, it was her who was on the receiving end of it. But this time it was different. Somehow Lusine had managed to look even more devious with her arms wrapped around Loki and him wrapped around her.

When he turns his head to look in the same direction as Lusine, he too gains the devious smile that made Pelia wish she were far away from here. Back home in the comforts of her own bed. This was bad. Very bad. Her stomach churns with uncontrollable fear, not misplaced by any means.

"She knows," Loki mutters, looking into Lusine's glistening eyes. She taps her fingers on the back of his nape rhythmically as she takes one last look at Lycus before turning back to her dastardly lover. "She definitely knows."

"Well, I've given her glares often enough for her to fear me. She knows what I can do, and she knows she is powerless against me. I could kill her with my bare hands; no magic involved," She says lowly, predatorily, stepping back to create a small distance between herself and Loki.

A slight frown forms on his face. "You're going to have to wait. Lycus is expecting it now, and so is she." Though he was already forming the new plan in his head as he spoke.

"Waiting means more time I have to tolerate her, Loki, and I'm not sure I can do that for much longer."

"Everyone is staring," Loki says, changing the subject. "Dance with me so people get back to their own dancing."

"Everyone was staring at me the moment I walked in here. The last time I was in this hall I threw a chair at the wall," Lusine grumbles, rolling her eyes at the God before her. "Maybe we should just leave," She tries, her eyes glimmering an ardent royal blue and, as he gazes upon her, he is enchanted.

Not by her power, but by the change in colour. He felt complied to agree to her wish, even if the magic didn't work on him. He needed to ask her why.

"As you wish," He says, his tone low as he steps back from her and grabs her hands, locking their fingers in an unspoken ritual. "We may leave but we will not leave unnoticed."

She gives him a heavy smile. "I don't care," She declares, turning on her heels and beginning to stride out of the hall, pulling Loki at her side.

Loki looks to his side where his brother watches him with what could only be described as amusement. Thor wasn't used to seeing his brother with such a beautiful woman pulling him along. Loki flashes him a deviously wrought smile.

Lusine does the same to her mother and sends her a patronising wave, making a point to embarrass her in front of her gaggle of friends. "I'm going to win," She mouths to Selene with a wicked grin on her lips.

She turns her gaze forward, her grin falling into a smirk as she strides from the hall in her stunning emerald dress and with the God of Mischief and Lies at her side, ever the trophy for her sins.

-

"We always do find ourselves on a balcony, don't we?" Loki asks, his arms wrapping around Lusine's hips. "But we always do have much to discuss. It seems this little Volkov princess is murderous and twice as devious."

Wrapped in his long arms she turns to face him, her back pressing against the cold stone railing of the balcony as she cracks a smile at him.

"I'm the Goddess of Chaos, of course I'm going to be a murderer," She says, forcing the weight of her crimes from her voice. "It's in my nature."

"Of course," He replies, nodding his head with his own admirable smile. "You, Lusine Volkov, Goddess of Chaos provoke me to the point where I want to snap your pretty little neck," He says through gritted teeth as he lifts his hands to her neck slowly and gently.

Lusine watches him with slight caution, but trust is the inevitable emotion she'd found herself wrapped up in. His fingers are delicate on the soft skin of her neck, dipping over the bob of her throat.

"Then why haven't you done it yet?" She asks, her head tilting backwards and her neck stretching out into his hands. "Wouldn't it be so easy?" She teases, her eyes dancing with challenge.

"Something is telling me not to do it. You're the Goddess of Chaos; why would I kill the only person with similarities to me in Asgard?"

Lusine lifts her hands to his, placing her hands over the backs of his as they tangle around her neck. "Sounds like fate has worked wonders for us, Loki," She says softly, the vibration from her voice tingling through their hands.

"You're not fate." Loki's hands slip from under hers and instead delves to take them into his own hands. His fingers running over her delicate hands. "You're a mystery, Lusine," He says, pulling Luisne closer to himself. "And you're my mystery to solve," He breathes, kissing the corner of Lusine's lips. His hands drop hers and move themselves to her hips, holding her close.

She breathes in slowly, letting her eyes close as Loki kissed her, and she found herself unable to avoid kissing back.

Having her lips connected with someone so similar to her made her begin to re-evaluate her being. Since Regina's death, Lusine hadn't invested herself in anyone. Sure, she'd had throw-away romances, one-night stands with favourable strangers, but she loved Regina, even now. Up until this moment her entire being had revolved around bitterness.

Now she had something else to focus her mind on. Something new to define her.

Her hands press against Loki's armoured chest as she pulls her lips slightly away from him with enough room for her to show Loki her stunning grin. Her eyes flicker a deep purple which causes Loki to frown and step back away from her.

"Purple," He breathes, lips raw from her kiss. "Your eyes, they were purple."

Lusine pushes Loki away, shutting her eyes tightly. Shaking her head, she opens her eyes once more. They were back to blue. Their perfectly deep blue. "I- um," She starts, "I have to go. I'm sorry."

"Lusine-" He tries but she cuts him off.

"Goodnight, Loki," She says quickly, running a hand through her hair and turning away from him.

Loki balls his hands into fists at his sides, wishing he had persisted but he knew that she would never tell. Lusine Volkov was one of the most incredibly stubborn people he had ever had the pleasure of meeting.

-

1082 words
feb 2016

idk what this was but I hope you liked it none the less.

dedicated to justafi because she is my new gal pal

love from, lau <3

edited: 9.8.18
new word count: 1211