24| IT'S OK TO BE SCARED

"Lusine?" A familiar voice asks, calling into the darkness blind. Bulan smiles to see his daughter sat at the wooden desk writing out a letter. "I am glad you're here!"

"Why? So I can finally be put in the shackles I deserve?" Her voice is much softer than her words. "So you can finally avenge what I did to my oh-so-innocent brother? What can I say? Heart break's a bitch."

"You're not being taken anywhere you don't want to go," Bulan explains calmly, crossing the room and placing a hand on her shoulder. She was thinner than he remembered. The bone of her shoulder digging into his palm, cutting into him. Angry bones, furious bones. Simply, he takes his hand from her shoulder, dropping it to his side.

"You're not here to take me away?" Her palms press flat against the wooden desk. "What does mother think of this?" She couldn't help but ask the question she was dying to know the answer to. Selene would never approve of her father's lack of consequence. Lusine had almost killed Lycus, and he her, but she knew Selene would side with her brother. She always did, never would here be a day she wouldn't.

"She doesn't know," He replies, "But I want you to go and speak with your brother. Lycus needs to hear your voice and know that things between you are not as hostile as when they left off."

"But he knows they are!" She shouts suddenly, jumping to her feet. "He tried to kill me and I tried to kill him, doesn't get more hostile than that."

"His heart was broken, but you can help him take his first steps to mending that break. Repair those burnt bridges, Lusine, and I promise you that you will not regret I for a second. But, if you choose Loki over your own blood I am afraid those bridges will be unrepairable." Bulan was wise. He was what Lusine had aspired to be once upon a time, but now her mind was filled with iron ideologies and her childhood dreams long forgotten.

The sinking feeling in her gut pulled her back from her burst of rapid anger. "Father, my eyes turn black now and yet I don't at all feel like the magic inside me is done consuming me. When does it end? When do I feel like I have control of my own mind again?" She felt no anger now, only fear.

"Lusine, what your body is going through is unlike I've ever seen before. You're shifting, changing inside yourself and, I have to be honest with you now, it's either going to tear you apart, or turn you into a being unstoppable by most," He explains. Seeing her fear and her wavering bottom lip, she appeared a young girl again. His innocent, pure daughter with so much to give and no one to give it to. Her head bows slightly.

"I'm scared," She admits in a whisper of shame. Fear was something she had conditioned herself not to fear. Instead, she should feel excitement or amusement when faced with the dangers she pushed and pulled herself through with terrifying determination and strength.

Lusine lifts her head, the wetness of tears on her cheeks shining in the light. The thin smile on her lips was one which Bulan had not seen in years. It wasn't deranged or mocking, it was genuine. "But, it's ok to be scared," She says and her words are like a melody to his ears.

She was seeing the light at last.

"What do you fear, Lusine?" He pushes, she was on the verge of breaking out of her streak and he was not ready to let her sink back into Loki's arms to listen to his words again as he gave her false love, false hope and false dreams.

"I fear plenty of things. I fear losing you, I fear losing myself in myself, but the one that's killing me is the fear that Loki does not care for me as much as I care for him. I ask him and I ask him, but he never tells me he loves me," She pulls her lips together, her tongue pressing against the back of her teeth. Never had she been quite so thankful for her father. "I'm afraid he's using me for my power and I'm afraid that I will die because of him."

"It's ok to be scared."

"It's ok to be scared," She repeats back, her heart pounding in her chest and her throat drying. "It's definitely ok to be scared."

-

760 words

i'm so in love with their father-daughter relationship oml