29 | THE FINALE: THE BATTLE OF THE SILVER TONGUED LOVERS

Her feet stand firm as she prepares her stance. Lusine Volkov was at the end of the line, her mind filled with whispers: kill him, they said, kill him and it will all end beautiful wolf princess.

Snarling, she takes a step towards Loki and raises the spear. "They say it'll end if I kill you," She calls to him, her voice strong now. "And I have every reason to believe they're telling me the truth because all of this is because of you. You took every single part of me and exploited it," Her eyes pan down to the spear in her hand and she smiles. "And now the time has come where I finally get my peace."

"You're going to kill me? You swore your life to me, told me you loved me but where is that love now?" He asks, stepping towards her. She didn't make him uneasy, but she was a threat to him.

"Gone." Her hands twist around the spear. Behind Loki, she sees Thor raise the hammer above his head, bringing it down hard on the bridge with a teeth shattering shudder being sent through them all.

Loki whirls around. "What are you doing?" He exclaims, beginning to march towards Thor, but Lusine stops him by swinging her spear around, its handle connecting with his jaw solidly. His head snaps to the side violently. The sound of the impact send adrenaline shooting through her devoid veins, some how brightening her dark eyes. Loki spits blood onto the floor, touching his fingertips to his face.

Taking her lip between her teeth, she strikes at him again. With speed, she jabs the sharp point of the spear towards his stomach. Easily he blocks it, pushing the spear to the side. Again, she strikes and again. The fury put immense power behind her stabs, but Loki was intelligent and knew her next moves before she had thought of them herself.

kill him, kill him now

"I can't!" She says through gritted teeth, taking another strike at him. This time he grabs the spear and rips it from her grasp, throwing it off the side of the Bifrost. Lusine watches it sail into the void with defeated eyes, lips parted. "Loki..." She begins, stepping backwards.

Again, Thor strikes his hammer down sending cracks along the bridge beneath their feet. Time was running out fast.

Do it, do it now or it will never end. The pain will never end, Lusine Volkov.

Clutching the sides of her head tight, she lets out a scream. Momentarily, her eyes flicker back to blue. Her brilliant blue he has loved once upon a time, but that was before she darkened beyond repair.

"Loki, I'm sorry," She says, her voice quivering in her throat. "I have to." Her fingers curl into fists, the blue long gone as she steps towards him again. The internal battle being won by the dark, the fight for light over, lost. The void was victorious, its claws sinking into her bones and engraving its whims deep in the marrow.

"You don't have to do anything. I can make it stop, Lusine. I could have made it all end, but you shut me out before I could even begin," He tries, stepping toward her with his arms up. Stumbling a little as Thor hits the bridge again. Looking over his shoulder, he could see the cracks running along the Bifrost now. They were like scars, brutal and damaging.

Lusine frowns as his hand extends out to her, but the unforgotten desire to be loved overcame her and she slid her thin hand into his, moving towards his warmth. He releases her hand, his fingertips grasping her jaw to roughly pull her lips up to his.

They were dry, nothing like they used to be. She moved slowly against his lips, her coldness seeping through as he moved his hands to her shoulders, his thumb pressing against the white skin of her neck. Running kisses along her cheek to her ear, he pulls away ever so slightly. Smiling at the moan that escapes her when he ceases the attention, he whispers into her ear. "Darling, your looks could kill any man or woman who stood before you, who challenged you."

"Not anymore," She replies, her voice a whimper as his thumb traces along her skin.

"No," He agrees slowly. "Not anymore." Suddenly, his grip tightens on her, threatening to crack her fragile bones as he pushes her to an arms length. "And never again," He tells her firmly. He wore no smile, no grin, no smirk as he held her in his hands.

"Loki, please," She begs, her fingers curling around his wrists loosely, defeated. Her head shaking, her legs trembling as she pleads for her life. "You don't have to, I'll be loyal. I'll do anything, just please."

"You swore loyalty to me once before, look where that got us," He says, looking deep into her eyes. Searching for something he knew wasn't there anymore. The spark was gone, the flame extinguished. "I loved you," He softly tells her.

Lusine's eyes water up, a sad sorry smile forming. "And I love you," She replies, releasing his wrists and dropping her hands to her sides.

His hands tense around her shoulders. With one deep breath in, he pushes her. As she falls backwards away from him, her eyes close as she becomes one with the void once more. Born from the void, death from the void. It overcomes her senses, rushing through her. Screaming as she falls, the void pooling into her and flowing from her all at once.

Loki watches her fall, he watches her disappear.

"You pushed her?" Thor asks, his brows furrowed and his eyes filled with pain. "That was a girl who was utterly devoted to you, brother, and you just sent her to her death."

"I did what needed to be done."

-

The void slackened and the pain commenced, pushing through her body at an immense rate. Her back arching and a scream erupting from her once again. Ringing in her ears was the crying, the howling of wolves.

Born from the void, death from the void.

-

1039 words

It's so crazy to think that I've finally finished this book after like a year of writing it! I've grown so attached to Lusine and I have to admit I did tear up a little when I was writing this final chapter. after this, there will be an epilogue.

I'd love to know what you thought of this conclusion and what was your favourite scene from the story? Also, it would be super interesting to know what the most heart-breaking scene was from the entire story? Cloris? Lycus? Lusine's end?

Anyways, the epilogue should be up later today some time.

I hope you've enjoyed reading this as much as I've adored writing it. I love how much Lusine developed throughout the story, she was a completely different person at the end to who she was at the beginning.

lots and lots of love,

lau < 3