eleven, warrior's battle

eleven"stop looking at me like that!"

eleven
"stop looking at me like that!"

When Loki opens his eyes, he's immediately blinded by the morning sunshine pouring though the open window. His arms are still wrapped around the one and only Volkov Princess with the divine dark eyes and haunted mind caused by her unsettling past, wrought by flames and moulded into the woman who now slumbers beside him from iron, tooth and claw.

Her head rests on his chest, moving as he breathes in and out. Her own breathing was deep and peaceful. He found she looked just as beautiful when she was asleep as she did when she was awake and burning with furious energy, except that now he couldn't see her ardent eyes.

As Loki admires the sleeping girl, she begins frowning, her lips turning down and her eyes screwing up tightly. Loki thought that it would pass. He had hoped it would anyway, but it didn't.

Hopes unacted upon often drifted into the void.

He brushes a hand over her forehead, pushing the shining dark hair away from her cheek. His movement seems to disturb her even further for now Lusine begins to move in her sleep. Her arms and legs strike out viciously in a state of panic Loki had never seen within the Volkov.

She's having a nightmare, He suddenly realises.

His hands go to her shoulders in an instant as if waking her up were going to decide between life and death. His eyes were clouded by a sense of worry that he had never encountered on such an intimate level before.

The beads of sweat on her forehead, the deep creases caused by frowns along her face and the brash thrashing of her limbs made his worry course deep.

Lusine Volkov was unresponsive. Unresponsive to Loki's every effort to awaken her from her terror ridden slumber.

Gasping for every last breath of air, Lusine's eyes shoot open. Her clammy hands clutch onto Loki, her nails digging in without a second thought. Her blue eyes dart around the room, searching for comfort, until two hands forcefully grab either side of her face.

Her eyes fall closed, breathing in deeply as she realises just who is holding the pieces together. Her breathing remains rapid as the image runs over and over in her mind, burning itself into her memory.

"You had a nightmare," Loki tells her gently, running his thumb over the smooth skin of her cheek and along her luscious lips. Lusine nods her head as the sarcastic, bitter words she so badly wanted to spit in his face gets stuck in her throat. "Can you tell me what your nightmare was about." His curiosity getting the better of him.

What could possibly have made the fearless Volkov quake in her boots?

"I- I can't tell you," She untangles herself from her new-found lover, her head swimming as her involuntarily let the nightmare memory replay in her mind.