ten, a vulnerable beauty

ten"everything is perfectly okay"

ten
"everything is perfectly okay"

Solitude.

Lusine Volkov was alone for what felt like the first time since she'd arrived in the golden city. Between arguing with family, fraternising with her handmaid and a hounding God of Mischief and Lies, the one part she didn't mind, she'd found little time for herself.

Loki seems to crave her like Midgard craves the glory of the sun. Lusine was more inclined to give him what he wanted because she knew her family did not like him one bit. If that was one way to get at them, then she would happily indulge herself in what she'd likely take joy in without their presence.

They thought Lusine would be more suited to a prince from another realm. One which did not seek so much mischief on a daily basis. Who didn't plot and plan behind the backs of allies. But they forget that she is the Goddess of Chaos and wherever there is Mischief there is chaos.

The crimson covers were pulled tight around Lusine as she lay with her eyes wide open, staring into the empty space. Thinking was easiest when alone. No annoyances to shake one from thought.

So, Lusine had instructed that the guard let absolutely no one in and to definitely not let in any member of her family else she would rip him limb from limb with her own bare hands.

Lusine liked to make people fear her. Liked the way it smelt on the air. It was what she craved. Fear. She fed on fear and chaos. The fear in the guards' expression made her beam brightly and madly. A wild animal dressed up in pearls and silks.

Being in Asgard and being around Loki made her feel more powerful than ever. Perhaps it was just a coincidence, but Lusine knew it to be more than that. She could taste the chaos brewing, even now as she lay with parted dry lips and darkened staring eyes, glassy crystals left to gather dust inside her skull.

She didn't know what it was, but she knew it was something to do with Loki. She knew he was planning something and she was keen to find out what, but she didn't know if he trusted her enough to welcome her into his plans.

Trusting a Goddess of Chaos was not something a man of the same trade would ever do with such ease.

Just as Lusine's eyes flutter closed in submission to sleep, the door swings open revealing the smaller of the two guards. He steps into the room, spear in hand. Lusine opens her eyes once more, letting the dust settle into the oceans encapsulated there, ever in turmoil, and sits up, letting the cover fall from her body. The guard averts his eyes, seeing that the only thing she was wearing was a very low cut, black night gown, certainly not meant for his eyes.

Lusine loses her patience with the flustered guard. "What is it?" She snarls, oddly wolf like. These days, she wasn't surprised anymore by her animalistic mannerisms.

"Loki is here. He is insisting to see you," The guard says, his fingers closing around his spear tightly, a hint of fear delicately running down his temple. "He won't leave until he sees you, Princess Lusine."