20| A FABRICTATION OF HER IMAGINATION INDUCED BY HER INSANITY

It was the day of Thor's coronation. To Lusine, it was Loki and her's day where the chaos would finally shine through as bright as a flame in the blackest, gloomiest of nights where her ironic friend known as the moon did not decide to show its pale face.

Today, Lusine wore forest green. It made her feel as if she were back at home, sauntering and laughing her way through the woods with her brother as they fought with sticks of fir wood. Remembering her brother was key. He could die any day now and she did not want to seem as heartless as she really was in front of all the Asgardians. The only one she needed to seem heartless in front of was Selene, but she had already succeeded in that aspect of her aim.

Beside her stands Loki with his head held high and his lips pressed thin as if he were about to explode and the only thing containing him were those lips. Lusine felt herself staring at him again. It was a growing bad habit of hers that she just couldn't seem to shake, no matter how hard she tried to.

His arm rests around her waist, his fingers swirling patterns onto her side as they stand in waiting for the coronation to begin. She scans the crowd in search of her family. Her mother and her father stand side by side. The bags under their eyes tell her that they hadn't slept in peace and that's what she finds pathetic. They'd been hovering around her brother's bed side, she was willing to bet her life on it. But, not once had they been to see how she was handling everything. Her own brother had tried to kill her after everything they'd been through together and now she was paying the price for his inability to heed her warnings. Even her neutral father was not so kind as to pay her a visit, but he did not know the truth of the tale.

Their minds will have been twisted and distorted by Lycus. He would feed them lies of her intentions and they would believe him because it was not in his nature to attack her, but it was in hers to attack him.

Despite the roars of cheers as Thor enters the great hall, Lusine is deaf to the noise. Her eyes lock forward, staring into the crowd with wide blue eyes. Loki clenches his jaw, oblivious to the haunting that Lusine was enduring. She stared into the crowd to meet eyes with her past love, Regina, stood with the bouncing curls of hair that Lusine adored pulling her fingers through as they looked upon each other with young loving eyes, not knowing that they were to be torn apart.

Lusine did not know whether what she was seeing was real. Was it merely a fabrication of her imagination induced by her insanity? Or was it a ghost? Come to haunt her for her dastardly deeds of crime and murder. Perhaps it was reality and Regina's death had been a fraud, cultivated by her mother's deviance.

She could not tear her eyes away. Seeing Regina again made her heart glow warmly. It was as if not a day had passed since she had been wrapped up in her arms, her head on Regina's chest and their limbs tangled together.

As Loki's thumb runs along her hip she is jolted back to reality. Her eyes snap up to look at Loki. She offers him a comforting smile that quivers upon her red painted lips. He returns it without question. As soon as the exchange is over with her eyes shoot back to where Regina had been standing in her ghostly aura.