Rain

Chapter 11: Battle of the Rain Guardian

Yamamoto was meditating at the early morning at the dojo, calming himself to be prepared. The Shigure Kintoki placed in front of him. Hay dummies are set around the Dojo, in a swift. Yamamoto brought the sword out and made a slashing motion. The bamboo blade changed to a sword and flawlessly slashed the dummies.

Yamamoto took a deep breath, the Shigure Kintoki returning to its former state as it did. That's when he heard someone clapping. He turned to the entrance and saw his father standing and seems watching this whole time.

"Yo Oyaji" Yamamoto greeted his father with a smile as he approached him.

His father, Tsuyoshi went to Takeshi, observing all the cut up dummies, and soon turned to see his son. "You had grown stronger than I thought Takeshi. Though I didn't know when you took up Kendo." He narrowed his eyes to his son, "Especially the Shigure Souen Ryuu."

Yamamoto knew he was serious and so stayed silent. Tsuyoshi took it as an opportunity to talk. "Recently I heard about what's happening from Iemitsu. Takeshi, do you know what world you had just involved with?"

"Yes Oyaji and I don't regret it. I swore to protect my best friends and my family. I know you are worried about me but Oyaji... I have made up my mind." Yamamoto answered with a determined gaze.

Tsuyoshi observed at his son carefully and saw that determination he was giving. He sighs. "I see. It seems you do have no regrets."

Takeshi smiled and was about to thank him but was cut off when Tsuyoshi keep talking, "I would normally be happy but... Takeshi, somehow I felt something change you."

Takeshi was caught off guard.

"No, I felt you are different. Tell me, are you really my son?" Tsuyoshi inquired seriously. His hands curled to a fist. It pains him that he was thinking something bad and the thought of seeing his son's face in the conclusion that he did not accept him is painful.

Yamamoto was even more surprised to his question but then smiled. He knew the day will come his Oyaji, no, his counterpart's Oyaji will find out.

"Oyaji, no, Tsuyoshi-san" Tsuyoshi was surprised at the change. Yamamoto gave him a strained smile. "There is something you should know."

They had come too early for the rain match. Ken and Chikusa were asked to come earlier than everyone with Colonnello. They then saw Reborn and Dino waiting for them.

"Hoy, why did you call us here too early byon?" Ken grumbled.

Dino inquired. "Today was your battle right? Against Squalo." Chikusa just nodded as he pushes up his glasses. Dino soon started, "Let me tell you something before you go on the battle, about Squalo."

They listened carefully to his explanation/story.

Time passed and Ieyuji arrived with Mochida, Basil and I-pin.

"Where's Fon kora?" Colonnello had asked.

"Master said he's going to meet someone." I-pin replied to him.

Ieyuji looked around and it seems his brother and his friends were still not here. They then felt someone came and it was Squalo.

"VOOOOIIIII Glad that you didn't run away Megane!" Squalo shouted.

Chikusa didn't react but actually was irritated for being called by that just because he wore glasses. Finally, two Cervello arrived and spoke.

"Tonight's battle field will be by the south tower. Please move to the south tower."