Storm, Sky & Mist

Chapter 24: Head Off, To Battle

After their meeting with Vongola Nono, the three decide to make a stop in the plaza to see few people on sight. Well it's a perfect place for their talk so they decide to find an empty bench with a shade to cover them from sunlight until they found one and sat there. A breeze came, Tsuna's hair were swaying as he closed his eyes to relax himself even for a moment. The Arcobaleno did the same as they took the silence to relax themselves even for a moment.

It was only a minute before Fon decide to break the silence, "Tsunayoshi" He got his attention and so he continued, "I... after hearing the truth from Kyoya... I... I can't believe everything."

Tsuna became silence and so was Reborn, knowing how much pain Fon held right now.

"Kyoya... he's the only relative I had left and I had sworn to my dead sister... his mother that I'll protect her son no matter what... that's why I destroyed the triads who killed my sister and her husband as fast as I could... so that I could one day return back to Kyoya's side, so I could do what I had promised him... to teach him how to become stronger... but then..."

Fon gripped his hands as tears fell down, he still can't get over the truth... he needs to release them... all his frustration, his failure, everything.

"I'm... too late..." He sobbed, "I thought I actually made it, but I was wrong... without knowing it Kyoya... Kyoya died... I failed to protect him... I... I failed."

Fon began crying, unable to control his emotions any longer.

Reborn could only watch as his fellow Arcobaleno cry in sadness until he felt a familiar presence and glance on the hidden trees to see Hibari Kyoya, crossed arms and quiet as he leaned on the tree, listening to his uncle's grief. Even silence Reborn could read him, he's worried and feel really bad for him even though he refused to voice them out, Hibari had a soft side after all.

"Fon" Tsuna called as he took Fon and pulled him to hug, much to the Storm Arcobaleno's surprise.

"It's not your fault." Tsuna whispered as he comforted him, "None of it is your fault."

Fon continue to cry, refusing his words to come in. Tsuna knew that so he took a sigh, not knowing how to comfort the Storm Arcobaleno. Suddenly he heard a familiar voice.

"Uncle" Tsuna saw Hibari approaching them, he's mentally surprise, he didn't sense him at all.

Fon who recognized his voice slowly turned around to see Hibari approaching. Ones he's in front of them, Tsuna let go of Fon and let him stand beside him as Hibari kneeled down to equal his height. Reborn approached Tsuna and pulled his shirt. Tsuna glance down to see Reborn was telling something in silence, understanding them Tsuna stood up and walked away with Reborn who jumped and landed to his shoulder to ride on. Ones the two were left alone, Hibari spoke.

"Uncle" Hibari called ones again. Fon's eyes were shadowed, not wanting to see him so he never faced him. Tears still flowing down, no indication when will it stop. Knowing this, he spoke. "Myself never blame you, nor the fact you haven't return. Myself believe to your promise and to make you proud, he began training himself to become stronger, so you can praise him on the day you return."

Fon was surprised to hear that but still didn't face him. Hibari continued, "But an unfortunate happened... myself saw the death of a helpless child in the hands of those Yukaza, to give justice he dashed their headquarters alone. He succeeded at the same time took his life... Do you want to know his last thought before he disappeared?"

Fon was only silence. Hibari answered the question.

"You" The answer widened the Storm Arcobaleno's eyes before slowly reaching up to meet his eyes, not caring the tears still flowing down. Hibari continued, "His last thought was, 'forgive me uncle, because before I knew it, it would be me who will break our promise.' His words had no blame against you, he accepted his faith, his only regret is leaving you behind."