The kiss

Hey everyone! Happy 2016!

So, this is my very first TNS and Jiley fanfic! Hope you like it! Feel free to tell me what you think about it, comments and reviews are more than welcome!

I write fanfics because I feel there is something missing in the show/series/movie/ book which means I am always opened to new ideas!

This is my view of things should/would have happened after James and Beth kiss.

Enjoy!

Riley's POV

"And the winners of the National's duet are... Riley and James" Miss Kate announces.

OMD we won! I feel so happy! But I don't show it too much because you know... I am a bit shy... But inside I just feel like jumping and making a happy dance!

Em comes and hugs me, congratulating me. "Well done, Ri! I am so proud of you!"

"Thanks, Em." I reply blusing a bit. Soon everyone joins her. The last one is Chloe. She heads to me with a warm smile in her face.

"Good job, girl! I knew you would win it, you guys killed it!" She told me giving me a hug.

"Yeah... How could I possible think I could beat you... I mean, you're Jiley! You're like french fries and ice cream together in a plate!" West said, gesturing with his hands. We all look at him confused.

West always says non-sense things, which somehow, always end up making sense, even if in a really weird way.

"Man, what is that suppose to mean...?" Asked Eldon looking really puzzled.

"You know ice cream and french fries are like awesome, just like my boy James and you, Riley. So, when they are together, you get like an explosion of awesomeness which is like... Imposible to beat. That's Jiley!" West explains as if made all the sense in the World. We all laughed.

"Thanks! I guess..." I reply laughing as well.

"Well, although what West said was a bit strange... To say the least. I agree with him! Riley, you and James have such a great chemistry and when you dance... It's amazing ! And I have to say, you improved so much since last year, Riley! I am really proud of you!" Miss Kate tells me, putting an arm around me and shaking me a bit.

Everyone cheers and that makes me blush a bit.

"Okay, dancers! Now that we already have our Nationals duet, tomorrow will be the Small group's auditions. So whoever is considering auditioning, you have the rest of today and 2 hours tomorrow to practise." Phoebe announces.

Everyone stars talking to each other and grouping to the auditions tomorrow. I just want to go and tell James that we got the National's duet!

I am just so excited! I really wanted this, and we got it! I actually didn't think we would... I mean, yeah me and James are both great dancers, him more than myself but still, great dancers, but the others are also so good... And I don't know... Actually, I think we deserve it! We have both worked so much for it!

Before me and James got closer, I was really insecure about everything that was related to me, and as a result, I wouldn't put as much effort as I could in everything I did because I would assume from the beggining that I would not be able to do it.

But when I asked James if I deserved to be in the first row and he was honest with me and said "no", that made me want to prove him that I could! That I deserve to be in the first row, and also show myself that I am much better than I think. I am still struggling with that though... However, James has always encouraged me to take risks and push myself. He is always very honest, which is one of the things that I love about him. I mean he isn't one of those boyfriends who tell their girlfriends that they look good when they don't just to make them happy. He always tells what he truly think. Of course, sometimes it hurts a bit but also makes me understand where I stand.