Always by your side

James's POV
It's been two days since Riley's last appointment. It seems to have gone well. I think me talking to her helped.
But I know Riley, she always thinks things through so she probably is still a bit taken back for doing this.
The worst part is, I know that what happened with Beth triggered this. Even if I didn't directly force her not to eat, somehow, I put those ideas in her head and got her sick.
That's why I decided to get her something special so she knows I am always here for.
We were going to have a duet practise now, so I head to the Studio.
Riley is already there, of course, but I am not late. In fact I am two minutes ahead.
I notice her stretching in front of the mirror and jog to her. She is too foccued on what she is doing that she doesn't notice me. I kneel next to her and kiss her cheek, winning her attention.
She turns to me, a smile lighting up her face.
"Hey, honey!" She say and looks to the clock on the wall. "You're early. " She states.
"What? Can't a man meet his girl on time? Is there something I can't see?" I ask pretending to be suspicious.
She hits my arm. "Oh... Shut up!"
I chuckle and half hug her.
"Actually, I have a surprise for you." I reveal and her face turns into excitment.
She turns to me. "What is it?" She asks.
I think about making her wait but quit, her pout making me give in.
I hand her a box with a purple bow and she grins.
"Can I open?" I nod and literally rips the paper.
Her eyes widen and she takes the guft from the box, inspecting it.
It's a small heart-shaped locker. Inside there's a picture of us and the word "Jiley".
Her smile grows and she hugs me. I hold her close to my arms and rub her back.
I hear her snif and look at her, wipping the single tear on her face.
"Didn't you like it?" I ask concearned. She shakes her head.
"No, it's beautiful! I love it! I just... I loved it."
"Seriously? I was afraid you wouldn't like it..."
"Of course I do. Thank you so much. I... You didn't need too... It must have cost you a fortunate and I..."
"Hey, hey! Riley, I wanted to. I wanted to give you something special. To remind you just how much I love you and how I will always be here for you."
She smiles and locks our lips on a short, sweet kiss.
She pulls away. "You're the best boyfriend ever."
"Yeah yeah I know... You love me."
"I do." She confirms hugging me.
"And I love you."