Rewind

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry I was away for so long but I figured that I should finally give this story the ending it deserves! So here it is!

James POV
I take a deep breath and look around me. Running from one side to other are the girl, fixing their hairstyles, make-ups and costumes. The boys were just chilling and warming up. Miss Kate is pacing back and forth trying to keep us calm when she obviously is the most nervous among us.
Well... Maybe not... I think Riley is even morr nervous.
She already checked that her outfit is on point and that nothing falls off while she dances about 10 times, put on and took off her lipstick and asked me to make sure my shoes were properly tired.
She raced to me once again, mumbling and rambling. I put my hands on both her shoulders, making her finally stop. She looks up and I give her a smile.
"Riles... Just breath... Everything will be okay... Wait no, let me talk! I know you are nervous, we all are. We made it to the Nationals' Finals and that's insane! But if you don't calm yourself it will be worse. Nothing bad is going to happen! Not if we are together, okay?" I try to calm her. She sighs and nods, giving me the smile I love the most on the World.
"That's better! Now take a deep breath... Just like that... And let it out... Now come here!"
I pull her in for a hug, careful not to mess her clother or mine because that would bring us back to the start. I kiss her forehead and ear and soft giggle, making me open my eyes. She stares at me and I link our eyes.
"I love you! You look amazing and we will crush it, okay?"
She rolls her eyes and pecks me on the lips. "I love you too!"
"You guys are sooooo cute... But now join us, will you?" Emily said smirking and we follow her.
Gathered around Miss Kate were all the others.
"Listen up, guys! I know this was a roller coaster journey and we most certainly had a lot of crazy moments! Buuut we made it and now were we are! On the finals of Nationals! You guys made it this far and I want you to know how proud I am of each one of you! And that's why I don't want you to feel too much pressure! Whatever happens I know you gave your best! So go out there and show everyone how good and hard working you are. Show them a rewind of how this journey was!"
Everyone starts cheering and hugging as we hear out name being called to the stage.
I give Riley a kiss and whisper "Good luck, baby girl. We got this!"
She nods. "I love you." I grin from ear to ear.
We head to our spots on stage, while Michelle and Eldon get ready for their duet.
The crowd cheers and the song begins.
As we dance, the meaning of the song hits me and I rewind this year. I think about everything that happened, all the struggles. The changes in team, the fights, the dramas... Almost losing Riley. It was a hell of a year. A lot happened but I am so thankful for standing where I am today. For being on this stage, on the most difficult competition I have ever been, with my friends, with my girl.
Because this team, these people, they really, truly are my family!
As the song gets to its end, I look at Riley, who glances back and I wink.
She smiles and I know no matters what happens after this, everything that happened was worth to be here.
I flip for the last time and head to the center of the stage.
The crowd goes wild and we all exchange looks, feeling proud of our performance.
I hold Riley's hand, squeezing it to sooth her.
They call the other team and we all take a deep breath. Waiting for the results.
I look to the backstage and see Kate there, eyes closed and hands begging.
Riley looks just as anxious, making me think that maybe one day Riley could be the next Miss Kate. She is as caring and dedicated, not to mention stressed.
"And the winner is..."
I squeezes Riley's hand again, getting ready to any result.
"The Next Step!"
They shout and all of us start screaming as well. I turn to Riley and kiss her, happiness flowing through me. "We won!" She shouts.
"I know. We killed it! You were amazing! I love you!" I shout back
She blushes, whispers "I love you too" in my ear and turns to the others. A round of hugs and cheers starts. The girls cry, the boys mess around, but all of us feel the same thing - joy, pride. Because this was a crazy year but in the end, it went exactly as it should! Whatever happens next year, I am ready!
A/N: So this is the end. Thank you so much for reading my story! Love you all!