Alone

A/N: Hey everyone! Here's a new chapter! Hope you like it! Please let me know what you think because I am not sure if I should keep writing this story...

Riley's POV

After I had been crying in bed for what felt like hours, I heard the front door open, and then close.

Emily.

I quicky got up and ran to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror. I was a mess... My eyes were red and puffy. My cheeks were wet with tears and my macara was all ruined. I decided to take a shower. It would be easier to hide what had been happening that way.

Of course I wanted to tell Em. I just didn't feel like doing it now. I know Emily and she would not leave me alone after I tell her. And she probably would tell I was over-reacting... I did not need any of that now, I wanted to be alone.

I turn the water on and take off my clothes. I step in the shower, the hot water surrounding me. It makes me feel fine for a minute. Makes me feel safe, as if someone was hugging me. As if HIS arms her around me, holding me close to him. But they aren't. He isn't here. And he won't be anymore. Because he chose her. He chose her over me.

And can I really blame him? James always told me I was beautiful and I believed him, even if I would never consider it true, myself. But the truth is that I am not beautiful. I am not ugly either. I am just... Plain. Another face among the other. I did not stand out at all. I am just the shortest girl in A-troupe with boring brown eyes and hair. Nothing too special... Unlike my sister who inherited my mom's beautiful blonde hair and my dad's blue eyes, I got the "leftovers" as I usually say.

Beth, on the other side, is tall and slim, with really long legs and big blue eyes. She is like perfect. In the looks of course. She is very annoying and her voice is so irritating... But that is not what matters to boys... Everyone knows that boys judge girls by their looks... There is not that fairytale story that the inside is what counts...

So no, I can't blame James... Not at all... I just thought I was special... I thought he felt something for me, which made him be with me for more than my looks... But I was being naïve... It's not like he ever said "I love you"... And I never did it either...

I was just living this fairytale love where I was a lucky princess who found her silly prince and would live happily ever after... Because the prince made the princess so happy and the princess was special to the prince... But real life is no fairytale... I knew that James and Beth's duet was a bad idea... They had something in the best and spending more time with her made him realise he still wanted her... That he should never have left her or something...

Or maybe ( And this is what I am holding myself to) James never wanted that kiss to happen. Maybe Beth was the one kissing him and he just was shocked and didn't pull away... It's like Beth wasn't insistent because she sure was... She was always following him and asking him to do this or that... She even followed him to Regionals! If that isn't an obcession that I do not know what is...

I feel better when I think about this. James never wanted to kiss her, Beth just took advantage of being so close to him again! He still likes me and cares for me. He didn't want to betray me!

I finish my bath feeling calmer because of this thought. I get out of the shower and wrap a towel around me. I than check my imagein in the mirror and feel sad again...

Maybe I am just being stupid and wanting to make me feel better... Maybe this is just preventing me from seeing the truth: I was never worth James and he realised it.

A/N: hey! Hope you liked it! I know it is short but this is where I wanted it to finish! Don't worry Riley won't be sad forever! Next chapter will have more action! Please let me know what you think and whether or not I should continue this! Thanks 😘!