Surprise

Riley's POV
James looks at me waiting for my answer but I really don't know what to say...
I miss dance so much... It's my passion and what makes me confident...
But, on the other hand, it also brought a huge amount of problems to my life...
I really don't have much time to think because James grabs my hands, pulling me closer to him and says "C'mon I wanna show you something?"

XxX

"Where are we going?" I ask James for the millionth time.
We have been on the bus for 15 minutes now. I recognize the path and all because I do it every day, we are going downtwon. But to where exactly we won't tell me.
Poppy is sitting in my lap, and James is standing in front of me.
"Don't even worry about it." He answers yet again with a smirk in his face. Poppy giggles a bit and I am starting to get anxious... I don't like surprises... Surprises mean you are not prepared to what is going to happen... And... Let's say I like to have everything under control... In case you didn't know that.
"Oh you're laughing, young lady?" I ask nervously and James chuckles. "This isn't funny! I don't like surprises!"
"Riley, just stop it! There is nothing for you to worry about, okay! Just enjoy the ride. We are almost there anyway..."
I sigh, feeling a bit relieved but the pit in my stomach grows a bit...
So yeah I'm fine... Not stressed at all...
"Riley, why are you shaking me so much?" Poppy ask, with one raised eyebrow. That's when I realise my legs are trembling.
James just smirks and I groan. "Sorry, Popps"
One second later, we stop and James tells me we are finally there.
We stopped where I used to everyday when I went to the Studio. But it's near a lot of things so I have no idea where James is taking me.
Suddenly, James takes a piece of fabric from of his pockets and hands it to me. I look up at him confused.
"Put it on"
"Wait! You want me to walk blindfolded. Nup... No way..."
"C'mon, Riley... You will love it... Please..." He says pouting. Poppy touches and my arms, pouting as well and begging with her hands... I roll my eyes. "Fine!"
I wrap the black fabric around my eyes and let James guide me.
It was a bit confusing but James and Poppy held my arms the whole time so everything went well.
They make me climb a set of stairs and walk through a tight place before releasing me,
"Can I open my eyes?"
"Yup, whenever you want, Riley!"
I take the fabric from my face and sigh before opening my eyes.
I am confused. We are in studio A. In front of us there's this projector with portable board used as a screen (I guess) and at other end of the room there a table, I think, covered with a white sheet.
I open my mouth and was about to ask what was happening when suddenly something shows up on the board and one song from "Brighter Brighest starts playing".
It's a picture os me when I was about 3 years old and started dancing. I gasp and look at James he just shrugs his shoulders and points to the screen.
After that more pictures of me start showing up. Firstly, images from when I was in baby ballet, in my pink ballet outfit and puffy tuttu. Then, pictures from when I was in J-troupe and some video from my first competitions and shows. I look at those images and realise just how much I missed dancing and how much I love it.
I laugh at one I did when I was 12 years old and I was dressed like a vegetable because we were dancing for a school. Those were great times... Dances was always so funny to me.
After those, my time in B-troupe is portrayed. I remember it was a difficult time for me personal because I was having a lot of body issues, but dance was always there for me and made feel confident in my myself. It's one of the reason I love dancing so much...
Finally, there's A-troupe. Though I got in only two years ago, those were the most demanding and busy years because there was always something that we were doing.
When the last picture of us with the trophy from Regional shows up, I am feeling super emotional and have tears filling my eyes.
I turn to James who is smilling. And, again, when I was about to talk, another song starts playing, which I don't recnogize.
All of a sudden, the class from baby ballet gets in studio A and lines up starting to dance and spin around, but already showing some technique. James's sister join in and I can see she has potential, guess it's in the family blood.
I laugh because they are all wearing T-shirts saying "I love you, Riley".
When they finish their dance, they all blow me a kiss and run out of the Studio and are replaced by J-troupe. Richelle and Becca come in flipping and they all start performing an amazing routine. I take my hand to my mouth when I watch them all doing a back flip. That's when I see that they are wearing T-shirts saying "Dance goals: Riley Raymond". I have to laugh at that.
James comes closer to me and touches my arms just as B-troupe gets in Studio A.
I see Tiffany and Stephanie and remember how thing were last year.
Again, they start their routine and it's also really good. Through the dance they start getting posters with again sentences about me like "you are an amazing dancer", "we want you back", "Nationals is not fun without a Riley" and stuff like that.
Finally, when the lyrics start saying "we are all here for you", A-troupe gets in studio A and James leaves my side, joining the group.
There's everyone execpt for Beth but I am glad for that. Oh, Amanda isn't there either...
I see my sister and she wink at me. They all look very united and they smile at me.
They dance a mix of contemporary with hip-hop (my faves) and even Miss Kate and Phoebe join in.
They start making a circle around me when the song turns into only instrumental, everyone kneels in front of me.
"Riley, will you come back to A-troupe" they all ask at the same time.
My heart skips a bit but I know what it wants. It was confused but you can't ignore your passions.
They all look at me, expecting my answer and I let out a chuckle through my tears.
"Well, if you need me this much, I guess of course!"
Everyone gets up and starts cheering. They come to me and hug me.
First the girls. When my sister lets me go, she holds my arms and says. "You made the right decision."
"Thanks, Em. Where you behind all this photos and videos?"
She laughs. "Well, maybe... James, kinda begged. Looks like he finally woke up..."
"Yeah...". "Are you guys back together?"
I shake my head. "No... I can't forgive him yet"
"Good, make him suffer for a while longer. Prove his love..." I nod giggling
Then Miss Kate hugs me. "Oh, Riley! It's so good to have you back! We missed you! And there's no one like you. With your passion for dance!"
"Thanks! I missed you too."
After being hugged, congratulated, kissed, spinned around (it's West don't ask) by everyone on the room, James finally talks to me.
"So did you like it?"
"Gosh, I loved it... Thanks , James..."
"Yeah, no problem. I need to get you back. And you are a bit stubborn... Also, I would do anything for you."
"You would?" He nodds. " I would like to see that"
"Challenge accepted"
We shakes hands and walk to where the other where. I even got a come back party! With plenty of food and lots of dancing.