Kisses & Sorrys

A/N: Sadly, we are getting to the end of this story. I did initially intend for this to continue for longer but, oh, well, this change... Also, if I could get a little more feedback from you guys that would be awesome! Thank you! Enjoy :)

Riley's POV
As James puts me back on the floor, my face turns to the color of my dress. It was impulsive and everyone is looking at us but I don't regret it. Not when it meant so much.
James looks in my direction with such a big smile it must hurt his cheeks. I ignore his gaze but interlock my fingers in his, heading to the front of the stage. We bow and return to the middle of the stage, waiting to know the results.
"And the team moving on to the Female Soloist round is..."
I squeeze James's hand tightly and take a deep breath. James massages the back of my hand, trying to soothe.
"The Next Step!" They announce and I throw myself in his arms, happiness running through my hands.
He picks me up and spins me around.
"We won!" He exclaims hugging me. "We won!!" He repeats this time to the crowd.
I nod and he drags me to the backstage where everyone congratulats us.

XxX

Later, after all the fuzz after our win, I am ready for our team dinner. Emily and Michelle, with who I share my room, have already left, leaving me to finish the last details in my look.
Waiting to solve things before the dinner, I decide to stop at the boys' room to talk with James.
I knock at the door and hear voices and laughs from inside.
A few seconds later, West shows up at the door, wearing the strangest outfit ever.
"Oh, hey, Riley! I think you mixed up the rooms. This is the boys room, okay? But since you made such a long trip from your room to ours, we could really use your help. Let's just say, style isn't my middle name. It's East actually. But anyway... Come on in, milady..." West just rambles very fast, finally allowing me to step inside.
I wasn't surprised to see that the room was a caos. In fact, all the guys were just there messing around, not even close to being ready...
I cough, gaining the attention from the other people in the room as West closes the door.
"Riley!" Eldon exclaims seeming relieved to see me. "Could you please tell James that an orange suit is actually pretty fashionable, he just won't listen."
James, whose gaze found mine and seemed not able to let go, continues. "Man, orange from head-to-toe will never be fashionable. What are you, a carrot?"
Hunter and West chuckle. Eldon checks himself and looks like he just found that the Earth is round.
"Oh, yeah.... You're right, James... Carrot is not a good outfit. In fact, I have never liked carrots. They have a strange taste. Oh, but I love apples. Red apples. My mim makes the best apple pie ever, once..." Eldon continues to talk, completely forgetting the topic "suit". I don't really pay attention to him, my focus goes to James who is actually wearing a nice outfit, making him look kinda sexy. Well, absolutely sexy.
It's dark grey and form-fitted, showing every muscle in his body which he gained by dancing.
He approaches me and takes my hand, dragging me away from the others and into, what I guess, must be now his room, probably with West given the amount of souveniers on the night-table.
He closes the door behind him and gives me a shy smile. He must be feeling nervous, just like I am. Only I am probably 10x more. He sits on one of the beds but I decide to just lean on the door.
"Hey..." He starts. "Hey..." I reply, suddenly not sure what to say.
"You look stunning!" He admits, making me blush.
"Thanks, you don't look too bad yourself."
"Please, baby, I was born stunning, and sexy." He says and I can see he wants to clear the air. It kind of helped.
I chuckle and shake my head.
"I wanted to talk to you before we go to the dinner because... Well, I own you an appology. I wasn't correct with you. I should have listened to your side. But after all those months of Jeth and given your history and experience with girls, not to mention my stupid self-esteem, I just couldn't find reasons to believe you. I am sorry James... I really am. And I know this was once again a down in our relationship, if I am even alowed to say that. But, well, I want... I miss you."
I let go everything I have been wanting to tell him ever since I found out the baby wasn't his, and a dimply smile forms in his face.
The next thing I know, he closes the distance between us and locks our lips, kissing me passionately. I put my arms around his neck and deepen the kiss.
He backs away just a few inches and leans his forehead against mine.
"All I have to say, Riles, is that I love you." He confesses, his eyes closes and a serious look on his face.
I close my eyes as well, enjoying the moment. "I love you too, James Tordjman."

"Hey, Riley!? Are you in there? What's happening?" Eldon asks from the other side of the door, making us both roll our eyes.
He picks up my hand before opening the door and facing the three dancers.
"Told you, Jiley was back, Eldon. You own me 15 bucks!" West points out and Eldon shakes his head.
"That's not fair, Hunter must have told you! He has a privileged intel!" Eldon complains and Hunter outs his hands up in sign of inocence.
"I am sorry, man. But only someone silly like you would think Jiley wouldn't make it. I mean their Jiley. You're the one who can't keep his girlfriends!" West says, making James and Hunter laugh of Eldon.
"Now, let's go cuz I am hungry like a pig. Or maybe like a fox... Don't know which one is the hungriest..."
We all shake our head and chuckle at West's craziness, while we leave for the dinner.
Just as we are entering the restaurant, James kisses my cheek and whispers in my ear. "By the way loved that kiss on stage." Which results in my face turning into a bright shade of red.