Cleaning Wounds (P. 2)

100 PA RT S

this better be a good chapter.

Also sorry it had to be a two parter.

GRAB YOUR TITS AND CALM THEM OH GOOD GOLLY.

--
He blinked again. A small smile formed but he quickly stopped it.

He let go of my shoulders but pulled me in for a hug. He hugged really tightly. It took me a second, but I hugged back. He had to lean down, because I'm so short.

"That wouldn't have happened to you if I hadn't of let you leave."
I pulled away and shook my head.

"I don't really think you should blame yourself. I mean.. He was just a guy who did a bad thing. He probably had his own pent up issues and (Name), and I where just at the wrong place at the wrong time."

He sighed and nodded.
"You know I flipped shit when I was called."

I held in a smile.
"Oh?" Was all I could manage without smiling like an idiot.

"Yeah. I ... I was kind of afraid that I wouldn't have the opportunity to undo my fuck up. "
"You.. You thought I was .. De-"
"Usually when people attack, it is brutal, and the victim doesn't always survive. "

I've come to the conclusion I am the real idiot.

The strider book would say so.

Trust me, I'm becoming a professional.

--
I was sitting back her at my desk practically on top of everything. Working quickly yes, that's me.

I sighed and hit my head on my desk. I lied there for a moment. This is fine.

I sighed and lifted my head up. That actually really hurt. I felt the stitches. They where still okay. I've been a little weary on them since I painfully ripped them open.

I had the opportunity to glance at my dark computer screen. I noticed my face. I hated looking at it why do I put myself through this?

I took my glasses off and looked closer. My eye was so purple around the edges and just below the eye.

I sighed and pushed my glasses back on the bridge of my nose. Curse everything in the world.

As the day prodded on a little thought slipped into my mind. Dirk still had absolutely no idea that inside of me was the smaller version of us, growing.

It made me feel sick. I had yet to grow a stomach yet, so I should be fine for now but how long can I really hold off? So easily accepting him back into my life only proves I can't keep this up.

I sighed.

"Lindsay?"

I looked up and turned around to see a shorter girl standing above me. She smiled. "Hon, your shift ended an hour ago."

"What?"

"It's 6:30"

I blinked. "N-no it's not.." I looked up at the wall. The clock did indeed read somewhere around 6:30.

"Yeah.. Yeah alright..."
She smiled and continued on. I slowly turned the screen off In front of me.

After taking what was like another ten minutes just to gather myself and leave, I had no idea how I would get home. I wasn't up to calling Kane.

Instead I figured walking wouldn't be so bad.

I made my way down the elevator and prepared myself. It was starting to get dark, but it was also nice.
The lobby was empty.
I sighed and began the trek to the door.