Moment

Ryan kept doing awful things that were kind of annoying.

He kept pulling your hair and kicking your seat. He would whisper mean things to you too.

This went on for the whole class.
The bell finally rang. You picked up your bag but it was kicked by the damn boy who suddenly gained confidence.

He kept going.

You sighed and picked up your bag. You turned to see Ryan had stopped. His arm was being clutched at the hand of Dave.
He looked rather blank.

"Apologize." Dave demanded of Ryan.
"Come on, Dave, don't be so uncool."
You've been here maybe a month and already do kids know of Dave Strider and how damn cool he is.

How did these damn Striders do it?

"I don't think I'm being uncool. You are. Kicking someone else around is uncool. Apologize to her."

Go Dave.

Ryan sighed and turned around. "Calm down, bitch." Ryan left after that.
Dave opened his mouth to say something but the teacher stopped him.
"Can I please talk to you about your class transfer?" She asked.

Dave sighed and nodded.

You picked up both bags. Yours and Dave's.
You patiently waited for Dave to finish. He wasn't in trouble or anything. Just the basic conversation with a teacher.

After they were through, Dave took both bags.
"Are you okay..?" He asked, wrapping his arm around your shoulders. You nodded.
"Yeah, I'm okay! Just .. Well I'm getting sleepy again. "
You smiled.
He nodded. "Don't worry about that kid, okay?"
"Okay." You nodded again.

He rubbed your arm.
"So are you going to go home and sleep? Would you rather me go home?"

"No, I can't. I don't like sleeping alone when my sister isn't there... I don't know where she has been running to."
He nodded.
"Come to my house then, you can sleep there and you won't be alone."

Actually, that sounded nice. It sounded like fun to build on the nostalgia of that nice house when all of you 4 were a put-together family.

"Actually, that sounds really nice."
You peeked up through your peripheral vision and found a small smile on his face.
"Good."

He and you walked to the buses were you stepped on with him. You sat in between him and the window. You rested your head on his shoulder. His hand rested on your thigh.

You sort of started falling asleep on this short ride to his house. It would only take like ten minutes or so to appear at his house. When that moment came you had to snap back to your senses.

You had already alerted your sister you'd be here for the rest of the evening.
Dave grabbed your hand and gently tugged you out.
You followed off.
So it turns out Dave is in drivers Ed? Bae would drive soon? How old.

Dave took your bag for you and you walked in. It still smelled really nice. Like Strider boys mixed with comfort. You smiled.
"Feel like home?" He asked. You nodded.

"Hey (Name)!" Dirk appeared from around the corner. He stepped forward and enfolded you in a hug. It was nice to hug the, giant again. He was warm. "Hey best friend." You smiled, and tightly hugged back.
He kissed the top of your head and let go.
"Have you come to visit us Striders again?"
You nodded.
"Yeah, dunno where my sister has been lately, but I want to sleep and I don't want to be alone."
He nodded.
"Well, you've come back to the right place." Dave set your bag down beside the door.

Dirk smiled at you and went upstairs. "Nice to see you, today." He said, looking back. You nodded.

Dave pulled you to the couch. He sat down and patted his lap. He pulled a pillow on his lap. "Come lie down."
You kicked off your shoes and lied down on the pillow that rested in his lap. He pulled a blanket from the side. It was the blanket he really really liked. The fuzzy one with the weird, smiling apples. He tossed it on you, wrapping it around your sides. Damn. Hot fucking diggity damn.
Fucking damn.
You where already comfortable. He smelled really nice too. He draped his arm on your shoulder.
He was messing around on his phone while you rested in his lap.
"Comfortable?" He asked.

You nodded. "Mmhm."
"Good."

It didn't take you long to slowly slip into sleep.
--
You woke up on the couch. Man you slept hard.

You sniffled and looked around. You weren't lying on Dave. In fact he wasn't even in the room. You sat up and ran your hands through your (Hair Length) hair.

You looked out the window. It was dark now. You grabbed your phone from the coffee table. It was already 9:30.

You stood and popped your back. Might as well go look for the sneaky bastard. You went upstairs and began walking. You stopped mid-way when you came upon an open door. This was Dirk's room. Lindsay used to sleep here too.

Dirk was sitting on the floor, his back against his bed frame. It was kind of dark in his room but the light coming from the window illuminated the room. It was brighter than dark.

Dirk held a book in his hands. He was slowly, slowly flipping through it. You had to squint your eyes to see what it was, but alas you couldn't.

You stepped forward and sat beside him. "Nice to see you're awake." He said, looking down at you.

You smiled. "Sorry, I was sleepy."
He nodded. "What do you have?" You asked. It took you a second to realize what was on the page. It was a sketch of the picture your sister kept with her of your family.
You frowned.

He shut the book. It was a sketchbook. You recognized the signature at the bottom left.

"That's Lindsay's" You said.
He hesitated, but nodded. "I've secretly kept it here. It's nice to look at them." Dirk finally spoke up.
"Doesn't that sound creepy..."

You shook your head.
"It's cute. Don't worry I won't say anything."

He smirked. He set the book beside him and ran his hand through his hair.
"How have you been, lately?"
You shrugged.
"Alright, I guess. Secretly I liked it better here."
He wrapped his arm around you, almost like a half hug.
"We liked it better with you both here too." He admitted. You sat there rather awkwardly, because you're very awkward, but you actually liked being .. Half hugged..? Either way, you liked it. Dirk was a nice older brother figure.

"How are you doing, Dirk?"

He sat there for a moment.
"I'm alright. Bored, but busy at the same time. I'm being kept busy with working as a floor manager, but also bored with my time. Nothing entertaining.
Sorry for the small rant." He laughed a bit.

"It's fine. I like hearing people rant." You smiled up at him.
He nodded.

"How is your sister? Has she been kept busy?"

"Yeah, she seems to be running around with Kane a lot."
Maybe you shouldn't have mentioned that.

"Ah, he seems to be around her a lot."
His voice lowered.
You paused, but then a huge smile spread to your face.
You looked up at him.
"Dirk strider, are you jealous?" Your smile grew.

He didn't respond.
"That's so cute!"
He moved his arm away.
"No it's not. I'm .. Not .. Whatever. He grabbed the book and stood, helping you up. He set the book down on his desk.

"It's late, kid." He said, completely throwing the other topic away. "I can take you home if you'd like."

You nodded. "I don't even think Lindsay is home."

You and he both stepped out of the room. Dave was sitting on the couch downstairs. "I let you two have your moment." He said, standing up to hug you.
"Did you sleep well?" He asked once you reached the down stairs.
He wrapped his arms around your back, tightening for a hug.
You nodded.
"I slept really hard.." You smiled.

"I'm taking her home.. Do you want to come..?" Dirk asked.
"Yeah." Dave nodded.
He grabbed your bag by the door and carried it to the car for you. It was chilly out.