Chapter 20

He was just sitting there fragile and still. I couldn't help but cry. He tried to comfort me but he couldn't.
   "Daddy don't leave me here." I haven't called him that in years he started crying.
   "Honey if I, no when I die tonight  I'll be fine I'm ready, I'm not sad. My dad left me and and didn't leave you, so I think I had a pretty good life."
  "But it's not Fair." I said.
  "Darlin, life's not fair." He lifted up his weak arm and wiped away my tears.
   "Tell me a story." I said to pass time. He told me a story he used to tell me as a kid. It was about a family. A mom, a dad, and baby. But at the end the mom died. I cried as if that was are family and the story was continuing. I just held his hand and rocked back and forth. He finished the story and asked if I liked it. I told him I loved it. Then there was silence. A silence so think   It hurt. Then it broke as I cried. Dad looks up and says,
  "Hey, Hey, be strong are you forgetting that you're Dallas Winston's one and only Daughter?" I dried it up and looked at him.
  "You're right I'm Dandy Wintson, Dallas Wintson's Daughter aka tough girl." After the word daughter I started crying again.
  "Listen Dandy, I love you more than anything thing in this world. I wouldn't trade you for the world. You showed me the better stuff in life and and I'm thankful. Never stop being good, you're going to show them what Wintson are made of. Never drop out make it to the top. Do what I didn't for me please?" He said my heart dropped.
  "Yes, I love you too, I promise I'll make it to the top, I promise. Nobody will stand in my way. I'll be tough like you. I'll never drop out and when school starts back I'll be the top of the class." I gave him a hug and just sat there in his arms for three minutes till I heard a big beeeeeeeeeeeeep I looked up and the monitor drew a line. I look at my dad. Then feel to my knees and started crying. A few minutes later I went out and told everyone. But I didn't shed a tear after I left that room because after all I am Dally's Daughter.