New Year's Kiss

"What's your New Year's resolution?" Phil asked Dan. They were seated on the couch in the lounge, Phil's head in Dan's lap while Dan absentmindedly stroked Phil's hair.

"New Year's resolutions are just empty promises," Dan pointed out with a laugh. "But, I guess, if I had to make one, it would be to always be there for you, and to be the best boyfriend I can possibly be. I never want us to end."

"We won't," Phil promised. Dan leaned down to press a tender kiss on his lips and ask, "What's yours?"

"I want to be able to speak alpaca," Phil said. At Dan's mocking laugh, he said, "What? You never know what they could be saying with those weird little noises."

Dan playfully hit Phil's chest, and Phil laughed. "Alright. My New Year's resolution is to never lose you either. I love you."

"I love you too, Phil. And nothing is ever going to happen to us, okay? I don't think any power on this earth could ever destroy what we have."

"I think so too." Phil agreed, blushing slightly.

They looked at the clock in their main room. It was 11:59, about time for the countdown.

Once it came, the two men whispered, "5, 4, 3, 2, 1!" as 2015 soon disappeared and 2016 took its place. A book with blank pages, ready to be filled.

When Dan wasn't looking, Phil reached for a party popper he had set on the ground. He let it off suddenly, causing Dan nearly to jump out of the couch.

"Holy hell mother shit fuck!" Dan yelled. He then laughed, his head falling back. "I hate you."

Phil laughed, happy that he had scared Dan, and lightened the mood a bit. "No you don't, you love me."

"Maybe," Dan admitted, while Phil brought his head up to kiss him on the lips. "New Years kiss," he mumbled into Dan's lips.

Dan was the one to pull away. "I really do love you, you know."

Phil smiled widely. "I know. And I think 2016 is going to be the best year yet."

Happy New Year's, everyone. ❤️