The Light Behind Your Eyes

Based off of The Light Behind Your Eyes by My Chemical Romance.

So long to all my friends

Dan sometimes walked into Phil's room, and let the memories consume him.

Every one of them met tragic ends

He would lay on Phil's bed, just to smell the sweet cinnamon scent of the covers. Phil's scent. Dan buried his head in the pillows, dampening them with the tears he hadn't known were there.

With every passing day
I'd be lying if I didn't say
That I miss them all tonight

It all happened so quickly. One day your life seems perfect and the next you don't even want to live anymore.

And if they only knew what I could say if I Could be with you tonight

Dan laid back on Phil's bed, wanting to feel a familiar weight beside him. Dan and Phil would lay together, and talk about their future. They would laugh and hold hands and giggle until sleep consumed them. They would wake up to each other's tired eyes and frazzled hair. There was no weight anymore.

I would sing you to sleep

Dan wished he could sleep now. What was the point, when he was all alone? Who cared if he woke up?

Never let them take the light behind your eyes

Why is it the brightest Light in his life burned out the fastest?

One day I'll lose this fight
As we fade in the dark
Just remember you will always burn as bright

Now, Dan could only wait. Wait until Phil's face became blurry and their memories faded away. But, deep inside, he knew that would never happen.

Be strong, and hold my hand
Time becomes for us, you'll understand
We'll say goodbye today
And I'm sorry how it ends this way

Oh, Phil, why did you have to die?