Taking Care of Phil

Dan came home to Phil slumped on the couch. He was immediately worried, and, forgetting everything in his hands, he ran over to the couch.

"Phil, are you alright? PHIL!" Dan yelled, a bit frantically.

Phil stirred, and looked up to Dan. "Yeah, Dan, I'm fine," he croaked out. He was scarily pale and looked a bit sweaty.

Dan knelt down in front of Phil. "Phil, are you sick?" he asked.

"Yeah," Phil answered. "Don't get too close though, I'm probably contagious," he added, always caring about Dan's well-being.

"Why are you on the couch? You should be in bed, with some tea," Dan said, raising his hand to feel Phil's forehead. They both felt a sort of spark when Dan touched Phil. But, any feelings between the men had gone completely unspoken for as long as they had been friends.

"I was trying to make it there, but I started feeling dizzy, and kinda...collapsed," Phil said, smiling weakly.

Dan's eyes widened, considerably more worried than he was before. After a few seconds, he slipped one hand under Phil's legs and another under his back. He easily lifted Phil off of the couch. "What are you doing?" Phil said in surprise.

"I want you to be comfortable," Dan said, entering Phil's bedroom. He gently set Phil on his bed. "Thank you," Phil whispered, and Dan smiled in response.

"I'm going to go get you some tea, okay? You might want to slide under the covers to get warm." Dan left Phil's room and headed to the kitchen.

Phil did what Dan asked, pulling the covers up to just above his hips. He laid his head back on the pillow to rest.

Before long, Dan returned with tea, some medication, and his laptop. He urged Phil to take the medicine, which he did.

"I didn't know if you wanted to watch something...?" Dan said, gesturing to his laptop.

Phil looked up at Dan standing over the bed. "With you?" he asked hopefully. Dan smiled widely, and nodded.

Dan laid down on the bed, getting under the covers so he could be closer to Phil. He made up an excuse about not wanting to be cold, but he suspected that Phil knew it wasn't true.

"What do you want to watch?" Dan asked, face just inches away from Phil's.

"I don't care," Phil replied. He quickly leaned up to cough loudly. The cough hurt his already horrible headache, making him moan in pain. He leaned back on the pillows, face almost more pale than before.

Dan scooted closer to Phil, not caring if he noticed. "Are you okay, Phil?"

"I'm fine," Phil lied.

"No you're not. If you need anything, tell me, okay?"

Phil nodded genuinely. "Thank you," he whispered, his voice scratchy.

Dan found some episodes of Buffy on the Internet, and played them for Phil. Phil smiled. He even quoted a few lines, his coughs interrupting some of them.

Around the third episode, Phil's eyes started to get droopy. Without thinking of what Dan would think, he moved over to Dan, and laid his head on Dan's chest. He rested his hand just underneath, on Dan's stomach.

Dan blushed, but put his arm around Phil. He rubbed his back, making Phil more comfortable. Phil felt Dan's heart start beating incredibly fast. "Why is your heart beating so fast?"

Dan blushed again, unknown to Phil. "I just...never thought...us, you know."

"Do you want us to happen?"

"Yeah." Dan said within a second.

Phil smiled. "Me too."

Dan leaned down a bit to kiss Phil's head.
"Is this okay?" he whispered.

"Please, yes," Phil responded sleepily. He wanted more kisses.

Dan gave him another kiss. He reached up to stroke his hair, kissing Phil's head again at intervals. Phil eventually fell asleep, snuggled against Dan. He had never been more grateful to be sick.