Chapter 40: The science of women

Chapter 40:

The science of women

The next morning is far greater than any morning of the Fellowship's trip for many reasons: I am not kicked awake by Frerin, I am able to sleep in, I have a proper bed, and Boromir is shirtless. When I said that I paid little mind to that latter fact last night, I was not lying, seeing as I flip out upon waking up. And thus, that perfect morning is not so perfect when I fly off the bed, landing on my back. With my yelp of pain, it comes as no surprise when Boromir bolts up in fear for my safety, leaning over the bed to check on me.

"What has happened? Are you safe? Are you hurt?" he rushes out in a single breath, looking at me with wide eyes. I hold wide eyes for a different reason, mainly due to his clear shirtlessness and my embarrassment. Surely, I have seen many men in the nude, given my role as a soldier, but I have never seen my One shirtless. It is a very different scenario and quite alarming.

"Plenty safe and unhurt. Just shocked is all," I grumble, pulling myself from the cold ground to stand upon my sore feet. I look everywhere but at the man in front of me, desiring to take in anything but his physicality.

"Now why are you shocked?" he asks, pulling my hand, and therefore my form closer into him so that I stand between his legs and his arms are around my waist. With the bed's height, I see at an eye level with Boromir, his typically towering form far shorter now that he is sitting. But I am certainly glad he is sitting, seeing as I would be facing his chest directly if we were at our typical height difference.

"No reason," I cough out, still avoiding his eyes like the plague. From the corner of my eye, I can see his eyebrows furrow in confusion, all before his eyes widen in realization and slight humor.

"You've never seen a man shirtless, have you?" Boromir assumes, chuckling in the slightest bit. And despite the fact that I have seen men shirtless, I blush in embarrassment.

"I have seen much worse. But that does not mean I've seen you without a shirt," I remark to him, halting his laughter. He raises an eyebrow at my honesty, obviously wondering where I have seen men in the nude. But given his previous attempt to humiliate me, I will not correct him on his assumption of that circumstance.

"I am as much a man as any of them, no different in the least," he remarks, pulling me closer in what I expect to be reassurance. Gathering the courage, I look into his eyes before peeking down at his chest. Perhaps it is the awkwardness of the situation or the sheer honesty of our words, but I blush red at the hard muscles that line his torso with a light layer of brown hair. He is truly magnificent, but I have not the confidence or patience to tell him that. He will surely brag.

Before I even have a chance to look back into his eyes, I am pulled into a rough kiss. Boromir's lips chases mine with a frenzy as he cups my cheek in his tight grasp and winds his other hand in my hair. I take to brushing down his chest which I previously blushed at, feeling all reservations break with the liplock. As I wrap my arm around his back, Boromir flips me over so that he is leaning over my form, pushing me deeper into the bed with each kiss. His lips flutter passionately over my skin as I trace the muscles of his back. A moan escapes my mouth as he sucks on the base of my neck, causing him to chuckle into my skin. In retribution, I take over by kissing his own neck, finding all his sweet spots and prompting his own moans. I feel his hands sliding up my thighs, alerting me to the danger of this situation. This is not the right timing at all.

Sighing slightly, I press my hands against Boromir's bare torso as he attempts to continue our passionate scene. He grunts at the increasing pressure, finally breaking from my neck at my obvious insistence to end the moment. His eyes radiate the lust we both feel, but I obviously have better reasoning skills. As strongly as I desire to kiss this man, we must help Frodo, not ourselves.