Chapter Eighteen: One Drummer of a Day

I stood outside of the house with my hand prepared to knock on the door. Part of me was scared to go in because there is no telling what I would see. The other part wanted my brother to know about Kelsey, and maybe have a decent conversation with him that we haven't had in five years. I don't know why Steven was fired from Guns, and I don't want to.

My brother is one of the two most important things in my life, with the other being my baby girl.

I knocked on the door and waited but, nobody came to the door. I at least expected him to come to the door with his Steven smile and his bushy hair that he could never control. I tried the door handle, and realised it was open, I walked in "Stevie?!" I shouted, and heard a groan from the living room "Steven! Its Liss!"

I walked past the pizza boxes and empty beer bottles, and walked into the living room, I just stared at my brother who was passed out in the floor, and cuddling a bottle. I sighed and went over I kicked his leg "Steven. Stevie!" I shouted, he blinked open his eyes and smiled a little up at me "Lissy" he voice was hoarse, I sighed "I always knew I was going to have to clean up your messes, but damn Steven, get your ass up."

I held Kel in one arm and helped him up with the other, I led him to his kitchen table and he sat down in a chair I grabbed a water from the fridge and opened it with my hands, Steven started to reach for it but, I had other plans.

I poured the water all over him and he shot up from his chair yelling "Lissa! Damnit!" He shouted, and I smirked "Go take a shower, Steven. Now." He looked at me "You sound like mom!" He shouted, I smirked "You need a shower" I said and poi Ted down the hall "Go." He went, stubbornly, but he went.

I walked out to my car and grabbed Kel's car seat from the back, I put her in it and grabbed my cleaning supplies from the trunk, I walked in with Kel in the car seat in my Hans, and the cleaning supplies in my other, I heard the water running down the hall. I set Kel on the kitchen table and she made baby noises, I sighed "Your going to meet your uncle" I told her and set the cleaning stuff down.

I got through with what little dishes there was, and started mop water in the sink, and then I started sweeping as Steven came in. He almost looked like my brother. He wore a white tank top, jeans and tennis shoes, and probably didn't even bother with brushing out his fluffy hair.

I finished sweeping and smiled "Feel better?" I asked, he shrugged "A little. Why are you here? Does Slash know your here?" He asked, I shook my head "I snuck away from them." He then noticed Kel and looked at her.

"Is that a baby?" He asked, I laughed "No. Its a chipmunk, just baby sized" I said, and started taking her out of the car seat, I held her in my arms "Steven Adler, meet Kelsey Adler. Your niece" I said, he looked at me then the baby, he smiled "I have a niece?" He asked.

I nodded "And a you had a brother in-law" I said, he frowned "What happened?" He asked, I smiled "If you promise your clean, hold your niece and I will tell you" I said, he smiled and took Kel from me and held her, I sat in a kitchen chair and so did he.

"His name was Daniel Keean. He was the sweetest guy, handsome, and funny, we got engaged when I was twenty and I was at college. You see when I left you and your band I went and finished out school. Then I went to college in New York I didn't finish though, after we got married and I became pregnant we moved to Chicago, his home, and he was driving home from work one night and a car hit him, it sent him into a power pole, he died on the spot.

"He didn't even get to see his baby girl, and how cute she would be" I finished, and wanted to cry but, I held it in. Steven smiled "At least someone was taking care of my sister where I was being a asshole to her."

I shook my head "Stevie I've missed you, and I think Kel is happy to be near her uncle" I said, and we looked at the giggling baby, and Steven smiled "Kelly" he said, and looked at me "Thats what I'm going to call her" he told me, I smiled "Hold her while I finish up housework then" I said, and he smiled.

I got done with housework and put everything in my car, I put Kel in her car seat and she was giggling at Steven, we stood outside my car and I crossed my arms looking at him "Stevie, you need help. Just please try and come off of everything" I said, and he sighed and smiled at me "Ill try. I don't know how much it will help me, but I will try" he said, and hugged me.

It surprised me at first, but then I hugged him back and kisses his cheek "I love you big brother" I told him, he smiled "I love you too" he said, and I got in the car, he shut my car door and knocked his fist on the Hood as I pulled off and he waved at me and Kel.

We got back to my place, and I walked in holding Kel, Duff looked up from his spot on the couch "Where have you been all day?" He asked, I shrugged "Here and there. Where are the rest?"

"Out. I just wanted to stay here." I nodded and went to Kel's room I put her in her crib and turned on her night lite then walked back out as she fell asleep, I smiled and yawned "I'm going to bed. Night Duffer."

"Night Liss."

--------#+#-##-#-$-$-$-$-#-#$##-#-#-#-#--!-$+$+$+$+$+$+$#+++$$+#+$+$#+#$$+$#------------+

Okay so should I do a Cinderella or Skid Row fanfic next? Come on guys after GnR or should I do Bret Michaels or Mick Mars?

Rock on ~Ashy