Chapter Twenty One: Rain

"Lissy... Lissa... Lis hey!" Duff called and shook me awake, my eyes shot open and I looked up to see Duff moving hair from my face and I had been crying "Liss, are you alright?" He asked in a concerned way. I nodded and sat up on the bed as I looked at Duff my voice came out hoarse "Yeah. Just a bad dream."

I dreamed Steven died on me, and Slash had pushed me away. The worst things I could ever dream of, both of my brother biological and non biological gone from my life and I was left alone in darkness. Worst thing I had ever dreamed of, besides dreaming of Daniels wreck.

I shook my head and got up walking into the living room with Duff right behind me, I see Vince and bassist Bobby Dall sitting on the couch, Vince smiled "We heard you crying and Duff went to check on you, your okay right?" He asked, I nodded "Bad dreams" Duff said.

Bobby smiled "We all have those, but it was just a dream and your okay. Remind yourself of that Liss" he said, and smiled sweetly at me then winked, I smiled back. Yeah Bobbo I know I am but, I don't know if Stevie is.

I decided to call him so I went in the kitchen and dialed his phone number, he answered on the fourth ring "hello?"

"Stevie?"

"Lissy! How is everything, is my niece okay?" He asked worriedly, I smiled "She is. I was just checking on you." He sighed into the phone "I honestly needed to hear your voice Lissy. And I'm good at the moment, well I am now. I love you Lissy Lu."

There was something weird in his voice "Stevie are you okay?" I asked, it was silent then "I am. Yeah, I love you but, I gotta go baby bear. Ill call back later."

Before I could say anything else Steven hung up, I frowned and put the phone down as I sat on the bar, Slash walked in "You okay?" He asked leaning against the bar, I nodded "Yeah, I was just checking on Stevie."

"Oh. How is he?"

I sighed "I honestly don't know Slash. He isn't telling me anything" I said, Slash smiled from under his bangs "I'm sure he is okay, Liss, don't worry yourself-Axl!"

I scowled "Don't mention that red headed son of a bitch in my apartment" I said, Slash was froze "Uh Lissy-"

"I mean, he thinks he can weasel into my life when he didn't even bother to tell me in '87 that he was dating a chick? And now he is trying to get me to go out with his chicken shit ass? I'm not stupid and falling for that again."

"Well, then I guess I won't try anymore." My eyes widened, and Slash hit his hand to his forehead as I turned to see Axl standing in he doorway, his eyes connected with mine for a few seconds showing me the hurt and sorryness that was in then before he waked out the door.

I slid down from the bar and ran into the living room and catching him as he was walking down the front porch steps "Wait. Axl I didn't mean-"

"Didn't mean it? Which part? That you aren't falling for me? Or that your not stupid?" He asked, I frowned and rubbed my arms "Look. I'm not some stupid groupie you can get to fall head over heels for you. I'm a mother. I lost my husband in a car accident and I really don't want to date again. Axl I'm just... I'm sorry."

He sighed and climbed back up the steps and put his hands on my shoulders "I'm sorry too Lissa. But, I am not sorry for kissing you that first time" he said, and I looked up at him he ran a hand up my face "I think I love you Liss."

I blinked up at him "Love?" I asked, he sighed.

"I get jealous when I see you talking to Duff, Matt or even Slash! I got pissed off when Matt moved your head on his shoulder, I wish like hell it would of been me, I asked Slash what your favorite song was because I wanted to sing it to you, you weren't going to let me inside your house so I sung outside your window! Alissa Adler, you take no shit from me, and when I get angry you give it back to me. I feel like you we're made for me, no doubt about it!" He yelled, and I felt rain on my cheek.

It was drizzling, and Axl kissed my hand before walking off the porch and started for the sidewalk in the rain "Where are you going?!" I shouted, and jumped off the porch running after him he turned around "Well you don't want me here" he said, I smiled and jumped on him wrapping my arms around his neck "When did I say that?"

I kissed him and he was frozen at first then kissed me back, I pulled back and slapped him, he held his cheek "What the hell was that for?" He asked, I smiled "For being a utterly ridiculous stupid moron. And for making me fall for you again."

He kissed me with a smile as I heard a few people singing the chorus to November Rain, I looked up to see Gilby, Matt, Duff and Slash on the porch singing and Slash was holding Kel is his arms, I smiled and wrapped my arms around Axl "Your a ridiculous asshole" I told him, he just looked down at me, I smiled "But, you can be a sweet asshole."