Chapter 1- Preparations

Hermione sat in her bedroom looking into the mirror. She wondered if her face looked any different to the face that she had 2 years ago when she had found out her life-long friend was "dead." She wondered if her face looked any different now that she was engaged to be married today. Maybe I'm happier? She thought. But it didn't look like it. She was definitely happy that she was getting married finally. Married at 20. Married to the boy who had loved her all these years.

After the war was over, Harry proposed to Ginny and she said yes. The wedding was only a few weeks ago. Afterwards, at the reception Ron had gotten down one knee had asked her the same. Hermione couldn't help but say yes. She didn't know she if she loved him or more. But she knew this was the right thing to do and would let her live a long life. It was the right thing to do, right..?

Hermione was pulled out of her trance as Ginny entered the room and placed her hands on her shoulders.        She glanced up into her face and saw that Ginny was beaming and radiating excitement.

"I can't believe it Hermione!" she said, beginning to brush her hair. "You're going to be married to my brother in a few hours!"

Hermione smiled at her excitement. She did not share it though, something was bothering her. Something in the back of her mind.

"I can't believe it either..." Hermione uttered.

Ginny said something about getting her mother in here to help Hermione do her makeup and put on her dress and scuttled out of the room.

Hermione didn't start putting on her makeup yet. She didn't really know what she was doing anyways. This whole thing had been organised by Ginny, her maid of honour. Whenever Ginny asked about her opinion she just agreed with her. It didn't really matter.

A single tear dripped from her eye. Was this really the right thing to do?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

These characters aren't mine, their rights go to JK Rowling. But the story is mine. I hope you enjoyed! There will definitely be more chapters to come!

-Ash