Chapter 17- A Different Education

He awoke to the sound of muffled sobs. Draco glanced over to his clock. It was ten to eight. He needed to get ready for class, grab breakfast and somehow make it to his lesson. He jumped out of bed, throwing his quilt haphazardly onto the bed and began putting on his trousers. Once he was dressed, he started towards the door, but stopped himself. He glanced over to Hermione. Only a tuft of curly brown hair poked out of her covers. It was unlike her to sleep in. He knew she wouldn't miss class for the world, so he slowly trudged back over to her bed.

"Hermione!" He whispered, tapping her shoulder.

"Hermione!" He said, just a little louder.

"Hermione?" He said, pulling the covers down slightly.

Her soft, rosy cheeks appeared. Her eyes were wet and tightly shut. She was in a deep sleep alright.

"Hermione!" He said loudly as he shook her.

Finally, she opened her eyes. But it was not the peaceful flutter of eyelashes and the charming smile that he expected.

"No!" She shouted, punching him right in the nose. She had jolted up quicker than lightning.

"Fuck! Shit!" He yelled in pain, covering his nose to stop the blood from dripping.

She slowly became lucid, blinking a few times. A look of pure embarrassment and shock appeared onto her face.

"Oh my god, Draco!" Hermione jumped out her covers and ran to the bathroom.

Returning, her arms laden with supplies. Antibacterial, bandages, Band-Aids and painkillers.

"Are you okay?" She asked, looking him in the eyes with concern and sitting him down on her bed.

He started to laugh at her unnecessary anxiety, but quickly stopped as the pain spread through his face.

"Do you have a tissue?" He asked in a nasally voice.

She bustled off again, returning with a box of what he had asked. He quickly shoved some up his nose and put some in his pocket for later.

"Are you sure you don't want me to take you to the nurse?" She asked cautiously.

Draco smiled again, and refrained from laughing. He bet she would be a great nurse. Maybe I should get injured more often, he pondered.

"I'll be fine, Granger. I've received injuries like this before, and not just from you." He said, standing up.

For the first time he actually looked at her, and noticed that she was wearing only a long shirt and a pair of very short shorts. He gulped.

"You know; I was only trying to wake you up Granger. I only had ten minutes left before class, and with all the time we've spent here, class has probably already started."

A look of astonishment spread across her face.

"Class!?" She ran into the bathroom and started getting ready.

He smirked again, shoved his feet into his shoes and trudged out of the door. He was hoping he wouldn't have to go through another detention.

~

Hermione walked into Potions, with her arms laden with books. She was at least five minutes early. It was her last class for the day, and she was ready to settle down in the common room with a few textbooks and study the night away. The new teacher frowned at her. Teachers who didn't know her personality always assumed she was rooting for the place of teacher's pet. Technically, that wasn't true. She couldn't help that most teachers loved her.